Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Huey Long, Upton Sinclair, Ham and Eggs… What Almost Was

Originally posted by Chris Coles View Post
    I vote for Free Enterprise where the manager of the business owns the business.
    I 'vote' (old paradigms die hard!) for free enterprise where the management + workers all own the business.
    It's Economics vs Thermodynamics. Thermodynamics wins.

Comment

Gentlemen, I am so glad to have discovered this forum, i find your debates and ideas enthralling, incitive and above all usually well reasoned. I made my post in a slight fit of anger at the ineptitude of some of our leaders and political commentators. I am neither pro or anti anything I believe in horses for courses and evolution. I have learned more here and at ChrisMartenson.com in the last couple of months than I've learned in years. Thank you for your replies to an unreasonable post.

The horizon of the present is being continually formed, in that we have continually to test all our prejudices. An important part of that testings is the encounter with the past and the understanding of the tradition from which we come... In a tradition this process of fusion is continually going on, for there old and new continually grow together to make something of living value, without either being explicitly distinguished from the other. (Gadamer 1979: 273)

fficeffice" />The concern is not to 'win the argument', but to advance understanding and human well being. Agreement cannot be imposed, but rests on common conviction (Habermas 1984: 285-287). In this, the understanding we bring from the past is tested in encounters with the present and forms what we take into the future (Louden 1991: 106). We experience a 'fusion of horizons'.

Kcim67

Comment

Originally posted by Kcim67 View Post
        Gentlemen, I am so glad to have discovered this forum, i find your debates and ideas enthralling, incitive and above all usually well reasoned. I made my post in a slight fit of anger at the ineptitude of some of our leaders and political commentators. I am neither pro or anti anything I believe in horses for courses and evolution. I have learned more here and at ChrisMartenson.com in the last couple of months than I've learned in years. Thank you for your replies to an unreasonable post.

The horizon of the present is being continually formed, in that we have continually to test all our prejudices. An important part of that testings is the encounter with the past and the understanding of the tradition from which we come... In a tradition this process of fusion is continually going on, for there old and new continually grow together to make something of living value, without either being explicitly distinguished from the other. (Gadamer 1979: 273)

fficeffice" />The concern is not to 'win the argument', but to advance understanding and human well being. Agreement cannot be imposed, but rests on common conviction (Habermas 1984: 285-287). In this, the understanding we bring from the past is tested in encounters with the present and forms what we take into the future (Louden 1991: 106). We experience a 'fusion of horizons'.

Kcim67
        KC Welcome,

We are always looking for new minds to try and catch us out. We all get angry from time to time, but it is a fine individual that can look the rest of us in the eye and admit their own, (perceived), mistakes.

Chris.

Comment

I loved this overview of Huey Long and Upton Sinclair. What is lost in the movie version accounts of Huey Long is any mention of the scrip currency.

I believe the oncoming depression is a banker engineered event, certainly no accident. The clownish shucking and jiving of Henry Paulson and Ben Bernanke is just a smokescreen. Drawing fire to their evident incompetence deflects attention away from the obvious facts that:

1. Congress has the constitutional power to regulate money

2. Congress can print debt free dollars whenever it chooses.

3. Because of 1 and 2 , the banking industry is an unessential parasite that can't possibly collapse soon enough. see Web of Debt

However, because Congress will never come to its senses, the American people's only hope of breaking free of the Fed/banker credit stranglehold lies in the possibility of states printing their own tax coupon scrip.

To that end, I am hurling myself at the internet trying to raise general awareness through my campaign to become Michigan governor in 2010
          Raftshol for Governor 2010. When you visit the site, please click on the google ad.

Again, thanks for the wonderful article.
          Warren Raftshol

Comment

Working...
          X