FDIC R.I.P - Eric Janszen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: FDIC R.I.P - Eric Janszen

actually I'm at +6.0% annual for 5 years per Vanguard. Not sure what the 10 year return is as I was into real estate back then and just starting. This return was obtained simply by getting out early last year.

With a 20 year time horizon I don't have to be perfect. But @ 2-3% I'll need to work until I'm 100+.

Also, within the 401K limitations it does me no good to hear about buying gold or oil.

But then I have a lot of oil stock outside the 401k. Let's hope the future is bright for the integrateds.
    Scott

Comment

Originally posted by Scott4139 View Post
      Also, within the 401K limitations it does me no good to hear about buying gold or oil.
      if you have Fidelity as your 401k manager they have a little known option available called Brokerage Link. Basically you put your money into an account and you can buy anything you want - you're no longer limited to company selected investment options.

It's been a lifesaver for me since the company options are a pitiful collection of all long mutual funds. They don't advertise it very well though so I've turned on lots of co-workers to that since I found out about it. If you don't have Fidelity maybe your custodian has something similar.

Comment

"Repeat after me; there is more debt than money in the world and this can’t have a happy ending. Get it? Most of a quadrillion dollars in derivative debt just can’t be unwound. There isn’t that much money. Quadrillion, with not an M or a B or a T, but a Q. That’s US$1,000,000,000,000,000.00."

to quote Jeff - from his blog
        http://jefflikestorant.blogspot.com/...-on-obama.html

Comment

Originally posted by FRED View Post
          Coming tomorrow. That's what the recently debated subscription area is for.
          Hey Fred,
          Was that the Goldman Gold posting? Or is there something else yet to come (hoping).

Comment

Originally posted by ThePythonicCow View Post
            So ... what coding is this? It doesn't seem to be seven bit ASCII in eight bits per byte presented in binary, because there is no column that has all zero's (the high bit of seven bit ASCII is always zero). The long runs of repeated '01' and '00' suggest to me that this is not an actual encoded sensible message at all - is that so?
            It's encoded in 100% pure ricket. I just hit 0s and 1s randomly on the keyboard, and once I got a good number of them, I just copied and pasted them in a significant manner. So yes, your statement about it not being a sensible message is 100% accurate. ;)

Originally posted by rjwjr View Post
            So, you do understand what I mean.
            Or do I perhaps guess whether or not maybe knowing whether this can or can't be quite not true to some extent or the other (or not) is actually readable?

Originally posted by *T* View Post
            ha - I just spent five minutes trying to see a stereogram that wasn't there.
            Mission Accomplished! That's 5 minutes of your life you'll never get back...
            Every interest bearing loan is mathematically impossible to pay back.

Comment

Just a point - Brokerage Link is not a general feature of all 401K plans with Fidelity. Your plan administrator gets to decide. My sense after talking with a Fidelity rep yesterday is that this is an uncommon feature. My three Fidelity accounts are all completely restricted.

Crap.

Hoo

Originally posted by CanuckinTX View Post
              if you have Fidelity as your 401k manager they have a little known option available called Brokerage Link. Basically you put your money into an account and you can buy anything you want - you're no longer limited to company selected investment options.

It's been a lifesaver for me since the company options are a pitiful collection of all long mutual funds. They don't advertise it very well though so I've turned on lots of co-workers to that since I found out about it. If you don't have Fidelity maybe your custodian has something similar.

Comment

We have our first major allocation change in many years coming.
                Fred,

Any update on this topic? It has been a few weeks. Did I miss something? Thanks.

Jimmy

Comment

Originally posted by jimmygu3 View Post
                  Fred,

Any update on this topic? It has been a few weeks. Did I miss something? Thanks.

Jimmy
                  The first step in the process is to establish a likely future for the U.S.

Re-inflation Rally Part I: Falsehoods, fantasies, fabrications, and fake-outs - Eric Janszen

Re-inflation Rally Part II: Prospects for self-sustained economic growth - Eric Janszen

Next we do a global analysis, based on recent research from Goldman Sachs, HSBC, Roubini, Larry Meyer, and the NY Fed.

Then we do a per-asset class analysis.

Finally, we do a reallocation based on all of the above.
                  Ed.

Comment

The first step in the process is to establish a likely future for the U.S.

Re-inflation Rally Part I: Falsehoods, fantasies, fabrications, and fake-outs - Eric Janszen

Re-inflation Rally Part II: Prospects for self-sustained economic growth - Eric Janszen

Next we do a global analysis, based on recent research from Goldman Sachs, HSBC, Roubini, Larry Meyer, and the NY Fed.

Then we do a per-asset class analysis.

Finally, we do a reallocation based on all of the above.

Just to confirm, links indicate where you all are in the process?

Comment

Sheila Bair’s Exit Interview

Published: July 9, 2011

Comment

Sheila Bair's book is coming out soon.

Bull by the Horns: Fighting to Save Main Street From Wall Street and Wall Street From Itself.

Fortune Mag with an excerpt:

http://finance.fortune.cnn.com/2012/...ir-bull-horns/

Comment

Working...
                        X