Commentaries

Collapse
  •  
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Re: The Post-Market Economy - Part I: Chaos on Planet ZIRP - Eric Janszen

One can recognize the charming killer smile of our president under the hood.
    Chairman Bernanke is hidden in the cowhide....
    See more | Go to post

One can recognize the charming killer smile of our president under the hood.Chairman Bernanke is hidden in the cowhide....
    See more | Go to post

• Year of the Jump Ball - Part I: Payback - Eric Janszen

“Politics, n. A strife of interests masquerading as a contest of principles.”
    ― Ambrose Bierce

“Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.”
    ― Thucydides, The Landmark Thucydides: A Comprehensive Guide to the Peloponnesian War In a time of drastic change it is the learners who inherit the future. The learned usually find themselves equipped only to liv...
    See more | Go to post

• Re: Crisis 2011 – Part I: The Other Shoe - Eric Janszen

Re: Crisis 2011 – Part I: The Other Shoe - Eric Janszen

I really like this flowchart except for one disturbing interpretation I discovered in your presentation. "Global Reflation" - "Dollar Depreciation" - "Oil Price Recovery" seems to operate backwards in time, i.e. future events influence the past. The same problem exists with the previous ... "Global Recession" - "Oil Demand Crash" - "Oil Price Crash". I suspect this is an artifact of your presentation method but it is unsettling once noticed. Don't give up. This rats nest of process interaction...
    See more | Go to post

• Inflation versus Deflation Tournament Game 3 - Part I: The endless saga continues - Eric Janszen

Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.” - George Santayana

Deflation is back in the headlines. Quantitative easing (QE) is the call.
    • Can the government and the Fed keep the money supply growing and prevent deflation?
    • Is the deflation a real threat?
    • How much QE is required?
    • Or is QE irrelevant?
    • Double-dip recession or staggering recovery?
    • Gee, can’t we just depreciate the dollar again?
    • From the Complaints...
    See more | Go to post

• Re: Update on BP's top kill efforts, now largest spill in US History

Re: Update on BP's top kill efforts, now largest spill in US History

I would be happy to take the other side of that bet. I don't have any difficulty imagining there will be more deepwater rigs drilling for oil in the Gulf of Mexico five years from now than there were just before the Deepwater Horizon ignited. As the cheap supply of oil depletes it has become a difficult and dangerous job to find more of the stuff. The citizens of the USA may finally be starting to understand that...some day maybe their politicians will catch up with them. The current ban on dril...
    See more | Go to post

• Debt-deflation Bear Market Update - Part I: First Bounce officially over (really)

Debt-deflation Bear Market Update - Part I: First Bounce officially over (really)

Why stock markets, oil prices, but not precious metals prices are falling

• FIRE Economy re-start flames out
    • Housing bust recession not over
    • Fed selling deflation, again

Only 27 days? Feels like years since the DOW stood more than 1000 points taller back when we published The Next Crash on April 28. Not a forecast of an imminent correction....
    See more | Go to post

• ATM machine that dispenses gold bars is unveiled

ATM machine that dispenses gold bars is unveiled

Is it a sign?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?gl=GB&h...&v=EClrSJqy92k...
    See more | Go to post

• News with Video

News with Video

Bill Black's at House Financial Services hearing on Lehman Bros. failure Apr. 20, 2010 (8min.)
    Posted by: LargoWinch 04/21/2010

See more | Go to post
There are no articles in this category.

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
Please log in to your account to view your subscribed posts.

Categories

Collapse

article_tags

Collapse

Latest Articles

Collapse

by kantx
    One can recognize the charming killer smile of our president under the hood.
    Chairman Bernanke is hidden in the cowhide....
    June 29, 2013, 07:28 PM
    by kantx
    One can recognize the charming killer smile of our president under the hood.Chairman Bernanke is hidden in the cowhide....
    June 29, 2013, 07:18 PM
  • Year of the Jump Ball - Part I: Payback - Eric Janszen
    by EJ

“Politics, n. A strife of interests masquerading as a contest of principles.”
    ― Ambrose Bierce

“Right, as the world goes, is only in question between equals in power, while the strong do what they can and the weak suffer what they must.”
    ― Thucydides, The Landmark Thucydides: A Comprehensive Guide to the Peloponnesian War In a time of drastic change it is the learners who inherit the future. The learned usually find themselves equipped only to liv...
    February 01, 2012, 12:15 PM
  • Re: Crisis 2011 – Part I: The Other Shoe - Eric Janszen
    by ggirod
    I really like this flowchart except for one disturbing interpretation I discovered in your presentation. "Global Reflation" - "Dollar Depreciation" - "Oil Price Recovery" seems to operate backwards in time, i.e. future events influence the past. The same problem exists with the previous ... "Global Recession" - "Oil Demand Crash" - "Oil Price Crash". I suspect this is an artifact of your presentation method but it is unsettling once noticed. Don't give up. This rats nest of process interaction...
    January 21, 2011, 03:19 PM
  • Inflation versus Deflation Tournament Game 3 - Part I: The endless saga continues - Eric Janszen
    by FRED

Those who cannot remember the past are condemned to repeat it.” - George Santayana

Deflation is back in the headlines. Quantitative easing (QE) is the call.
    • Can the government and the Fed keep the money supply growing and prevent deflation?
    • Is the deflation a real threat?
    • How much QE is required?
    • Or is QE irrelevant?
    • Double-dip recession or staggering recovery?
    • Gee, can’t we just depreciate the dollar again?
    • From the Complaints...
    August 04, 2010, 09:36 AM
  • Re: Update on BP's top kill efforts, now largest spill in US History
    by GRG55
    I would be happy to take the other side of that bet. I don't have any difficulty imagining there will be more deepwater rigs drilling for oil in the Gulf of Mexico five years from now than there were just before the Deepwater Horizon ignited. As the cheap supply of oil depletes it has become a difficult and dangerous job to find more of the stuff. The citizens of the USA may finally be starting to understand that...some day maybe their politicians will catch up with them. The current ban on dril...
    May 31, 2010, 01:53 PM
Working...
X