• The Post-Market Economy - Part I: Chaos on Planet ZIRP - Eric Janszen

http://www.itulip.com/images2/WeMakeitRise20.jpg

Faith can overcome evidence but not forever.

Two trends will be with us for the next 20 years:
    Inexorable Trend #1: Peak Cheap Credit
    Inexorable Trend #2: Peak Cheap Oil

Within these two long term trends, the latest diversions

Late gold investors on board since 2008 exit market as the USD again becomes GAGFO as Europe, Japan, and China falter
    • Credit Bubble temporarily reflated
    Stock market temporarily levitated
    U.S. oil import trade deficit and dollar crisis temporarily averted
    Housing market temporarily… you get the idea

Six months. That’s how long we’ve wrestled this greased pig, this drunken monkey, this long, stinky cat running for its life barely inches ahead of a pack of rabid coyotes.

These markets. This economy.

Sheesh.

The problem is not in understanding human nature. That never changes.

We want. We hope. We kid ourselves.

We fuss about the house. Fix the broken gutter, the rotted trim, the chipped paint, the cracked concrete step. But our hair is on fire.

We don’t notice. No one told us and there are no mirrors on Planet ZIRP.

No, we understand human nature. Humans want and what we want more than anything is to be told what to believe.

A story that makes sense of the world, that puts it all together in logical order with a happy ending.

The good and hard working, the brave, the smart, and the righteous, will prevail.

“We” deserve to win, don’t we?

Except those are not the rules on Planet ZIRP.

I get this all the time. The questions.

What’s with the stock market? Bonds? Housing? Gold?

My answer: Do you really want to know? (read more...)

iTulip Select: The Investment Thesis for the Next Cycle™

To receive the iTulip Newsletter or iTulip Alerts, Join our FREE Email Mailing List

Copyright © iTulip, Inc. 1998 - 2012 All Rights Reserved

All information provided "as is" for informational purposes only, not intended for trading purposes or advice. Nothing appearing on this website should be considered a recommendation to buy or to sell any security or related financial instrument. iTulip, Inc. is not liable for any informational errors, incompleteness, or delays, or for any actions taken in reliance on information contained herein. Full Disclaimer
    This article was originally published in forum thread: The Post-Market Economy - Part I: Chaos on Planet ZIRP - Eric Janszen started by EJ View original post
  • Recent Forum Posts

Mega

Re: Mean time in Spain

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-8164141/DAN-HODGES-Fools-cheering-imprisonment-risk-unleashing-forces-deadlier-virus.html

https://hitchensblog.mailonsunday.co.uk/

Mega Today, 06:36 AM Go to last post
    Down Under

Re: the strong usd

Also, the fact that masks in Australia have recently been shipped to China, does not help either:

https://www.dailyexaminer.com.au/news/90-tonnes-of-supplies-shipped-to-china/3983282/

Down Under Today, 04:43 AM Go to last post
    Techdread

Oh, please we all die, that's just the human condition.
    The facts we have seen what the Chinese had to do to contain their epidemic, we have seen northern Italy's hospitals get overrun by the sick...

Techdread Today, 04:15 AM Go to last post
    Techdread

Re: Why are they doing this?

That's unfair on governments. Asian countries have had more experience with these disasters so they should have a better response.
    This virus is bad but it's not what keeps Academics up at night....

Techdread Today, 03:38 AM Go to last post
    Mega

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/debate/article-8163587/PETER-HITCHENS-Great-Panic-foolish-freedom-broken-economy-crippled.html

Mega Yesterday, 08:02 PM Go to last post
    shiny!

This is half the battle. The other half concerns changing the priorities of companies that exist for the profits of their executives and shareholders. It doesn't matter where this stuff gets made if...

shiny! Yesterday, 07:37 PM Go to last post
    jpatter666

re: Mexico and Africa

Short term, agree. Longer term I think I could be right *if* (and that's a BIG if) any African countries can get their political act together to make the idea viable.

jpatter666 Yesterday, 05:58 PM Go to last post
    GRG55

I agree, the President will again campaign on that Fortress America policy and remind people. But right now his demands that "GM do this" or "Ford do that" aren't looking all that effective, and I'm...

GRG55 Yesterday, 05:42 PM Go to last post
Opinions expressed herein are those of the posters, not those of iTulip, Inc., its owners, or management. All material posted on this board becomes the intellectual property of the poster and iTulip, Inc., and may not be reposted in full on another website without the express written permission of iTulip, Inc. By exception, the original registered iTulip member who authored a post may repost his or her own material on other sites. Permission is hereby granted to repost brief excerpts of material from this forum on other websites provided that attribution and a link to the source is included with the reposted material.

Nothing on this website is intended or should be construed as investment advice. It is intended to be used for informational and entertainment purposes only. We reserve the right to make changes, including change in price, content, description, terms, etc. at any time without notice. By using this board you agree that you understand the risks of trading, and are solely responsible for your own investment and trading decisions. Read full legal disclaimer.

Journalists are not permitted to contact iTulip members through this forum's email and personal messaging services without written permission from iTulip, Inc. Requests for permission may be made via Contact Us.

Objectionable posts may be reported to the board administrators via Contact Us.

-->