• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Faces Of The Recession

Faces Of The Recession
    http://facesoftherecession.blogspot.com/

Originally posted by FacesOfTheRecession
    During February and March, I traveled around the country and interviewed people about how they were dealing with our nation's current economic climate. This blog is a compilation of their stories. My project is ongoing

Re: Faces Of The Recession

Originally posted by Sapiens View Post
    fresh out of college and cannot find a first job. Since graduating in December with a background in web design and programming...Since September, Martin has applied to over 200 jobs.
    Perhaps this gentlemen should retrain as a bankruptcy lawyer?

Jokes aside, the duress experienced by new grads appears to be acute indeed as they just bought FIRE-era priced education in a post FIRE-world...

Additionally, they owned eight other properties in the county, all of which had depreciated greatly. Before they knew it, the family was facing foreclosure and had to declare bankruptcy.
    1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8... that is probably equal to J6P credit cards count!
    Last edited by LargoWinch; April 21, 2009, 06:52 AM.

Comment

Re: Faces Of The Recession

Originally posted by LargoWinch View Post
      Perhaps this gentlemen should retrain as a bankruptcy lawyer?

Jokes aside, the duress experienced by new grads appears to be acute indeed as they just bought FIRE-era priced education in a post FIRE-world...

1-2-3-4-5-6-7-8... that is probably equal to J6P credit cards count!

Actually the guy should consider self-employment. Website design! I know a lot of people needing that service. Lots of businesses looking to expand their presence on the web in this market. There are so many old school type businesses that put off getting a website because frankly they didn't need one in good times. Now they are freaking out, and don't know where to start. My neighbor does that out of his home, and makes good money.

Too many people sit around waiting for a job to open up when they should consider making their own job. Especially with good skills like this guy has and a business with a relatively low cost of entry. We've all become too programmed to only think inside the box, only looking to others for a job. Hard times means people will have to change their attitudes about jobs.

Comment

Working...
      X