X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Generation Debt

Ed.

Re: Generation Debt

To me, this seemed more like a Saturday Night Live sketch than a serious story. I have a hard time digging up any sympathy for the fat, ignorant blond who thought all she needed was a college degree and life would be a neverending party thereafter, or the underachieving college dropout who apparently still owns a house. Every character in the clip came across as a total airhead to me - including Geraldo and his flunkie (who seems more concerned about his physical appearance than the quality or veracity of his reporting).

Comment

Here is a related story, but in *cough cough* higher-quality version:

Part 1:

Part 2:

PS: Good find Ed.
      Last edited by LargoWinch; February 10, 2009, 07:10 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by JamesP View Post
        To me, this seemed more like a Saturday Night Live sketch than a serious story. I have a hard time digging up any sympathy for the fat, ignorant blond who thought all she needed was a college degree and life would be a neverending party thereafter, or the underachieving college dropout who apparently still owns a house. Every character in the clip came across as a total airhead to me - including Geraldo and his flunkie (who seems more concerned about his physical appearance than the quality or veracity of his reporting).
        I think you are being a little too hard on those folks, and the milllions like them across the world. BTW. That reporter looked maaaaaarvelous. And it is better to look good than to feel good.

Comment

Working...
        X