• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Former Bear Stearns CEO Speaks on Bloomberg - Dec. 9, 2008 (

"There are no more i-banks; the're gone" - Greenberg

"It was a self-fulfilled prophecy" - Greenberg

"Nobody wanted to buy Lehman" - Greenberg

runtime: 2:55 min.

Re: Former Bear Stearns CEO Speaks on Bloomberg - Dec. 9, 2008 (2:55min.)

they're very good actors. He's trying to give the impression that he's got no idea structurally why it all fell apart. Why the fuck does he still have a job at JPMorgan then. Cynical fucks.

Comment

Re: Former Bear Stearns CEO Speaks on Bloomberg - Dec. 9, 2008 (

Crikey Marv...you're starting to sound as pissed off as me!

Comment

I'm sickened by how entrenched the powers that be are and how corrupt their system is. fuckem, i've had enough!

Comment

Last edited by Nervous Drake; January 19, 2015, 12:14 PM.

Comment

Re: Former Bear Stearns CEO Speaks on Bloomberg - Dec. 9, 2008 (2:55min.)

----nm----
            Last edited by politicalfootballfan; February 02, 2009, 08:24 PM.

Comment

Last edited by Nervous Drake; January 19, 2015, 12:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by marvenger View Post
                I'm sickened by how entrenched the powers that be are and how corrupt their system is. fuckem, i've had enough!
                yeah but what can you do? Not like the system is going to change. Especially given the utter ignorance of the general masses.

Comment

----nm----
                  Last edited by politicalfootballfan; February 02, 2009, 08:24 PM.

Comment

Judging by some of the stuff going on criminally insane is probably not far off an accurtate description. But then yet again, that's coming from someone who has to respect his fellow plebs to get by in life, at the master of the universe level it probably just seems like normal behaviour. I think that's why its hard for everyone to get a handel on how the big boys operate, their operating framework and normal thinking patterns are so different to normal people's, I don't know if it's necessarily being born a psychopath. I'm generally someone who think environment has a massive influence on behavior and genes definitely have an influence but are more propensities towards certain modes of behaviour. Say someone with a propensity to aggressive behaviour who was brought up in a very stable environment and taught to respect all because everyone has more in common with eachother than differences, then I think it would be very hard to tell that this person had some aggressive propensity genes.

Comment

----nm----
                      Last edited by politicalfootballfan; February 02, 2009, 08:22 PM.

Comment

Thanks for the response. I enjoy hearing different perspectives.

I do think some people analyse things from a more detached perspective, either born that way or learn it. I think this can be a very good thing or a vey bad thing depending on how the person with the detachment abilitities takes others people's perspectives into account. So for instance, someone could view death fairly unemotionaly as just a mechanaical part of life and be very comfortable with the idea which could be very liberating; but then it depends if this person acts in ways to benefit themselves, like killing their parents for the inheritance, or if they still have the ability to respect others sovereignty and wish others well despite their own detached view of death.

So a buddhist who practices training the mind for detachment would probably come up on the MRI scan as a psycopath, but this person would also have enormous respect for others.

Comment

----nm----
                          Last edited by politicalfootballfan; February 02, 2009, 08:22 PM.

Comment

I hear what you're saying. I definitely think we have to learn how to get past relying on the self interest of the ambitious few to get things done.

Comment

Working...
                            X