Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Pater Tenebrarum's Blog

http://www.acting-man.com/

Very well written and covers one of my favorite topics - hidden inflation.

By hidden inflation, I am referring to cost reductions we don't see. My favorite example is a garden spigot. These brass valves have not changed much from when I was a boy in the '60s. But the cost of labor in their manufacture has gone down significantly. No longer is the casting or machining done by hand. The control of the castings is automated. At each step there have been improvements in efficiency that should have made the cost of such a valve in real value go down.

But the fact is, that while the cost has gone down a little - most of the technological savings have been absorbed by the government via taxation and fiat money inflation.

But Pater says it much better than I can and provides a clear explanation of what is going on and the likely consequences of the humming of the printing press.

Re: Pater Tenebrarum's Blog

Originally posted by xtronics View Post
    http://www.acting-man.com/

Very well written and covers one of my favorite topics - hidden inflation.

By hidden inflation, I am referring to cost reductions we don't see. My favorite example is a garden spigot. These brass valves have not changed much from when I was a boy in the '60s. But the cost of labor in their manufacture has gone down significantly. No longer is the casting or machining done by hand. The control of the castings is automated. At each step there have been improvements in efficiency that should have made the cost of such a valve in real value go down.

But the fact is, that while the cost has gone down a little - most of the technological savings have been absorbed by the government via taxation and fiat money inflation.

But Pater says it much better than I can and provides a clear explanation of what is going on and the likely consequences of the humming of the printing press.
    so many smart guys to read out there, so little time. and so few of them work for the msm.

Comment

Originally posted by metalman View Post
      so many smart guys to read out there, so little time. and so few of them work for the msm.
      This one is worth your time - best thing on the economy I've read in a few weeks (and I've been reading to much)

Comment

Originally posted by xtronics View Post
        This one is worth your time - best thing on the economy I've read in a few weeks (and I've been reading to much)
        grabbed a piece...

However, underneath the 'disinflationary boom' ('disinflation' is a term divorced from the real meaning of inflation and deflation, meant to describe aggregate prices that rise at a continually decelerating rate of change), inflation actually raged, as the money and credit supply literally exploded. Partly this was reflected in asset prices, which rose like never before, and helped support even more credit expansion, as inflated assets could be used as collateral for more credit. While this was going on, everybody was convinced that a virtuous cycle was underway, while in reality, capital was increasingly malinvested on a large scale.
        to be honest, reads like ten year old stuff from itulip...

Comment

Working...
        X