PDA

View Full Version : Recession anecdotes thread

phirang
10-19-08, 10:16 PM
I'll start:

I got a hand-written letter from a mid-tier car dealership thanking me for my visit and entreating me to patronize them.

Just as a refernce, three months ago, the local audi dealer blew me off.

p.s: this was in greenwich, CT!!!

Contemptuous
10-20-08, 01:07 AM
Well, you could patronize this card dealership just a little maybe, like you have one or two other economic analysts out there (John Williams or Nouriel Roubini come to mind). It wouldn't cost all that much. Patronizing can be quite inexpensive. :rolleyes:

I got a hand-written letter from a mid-tier car dealership thanking me for my visit and entreating me to patronize them ... local audi dealer blew me off ... p.s: this was in greenwich, CT!!!

Jay
10-20-08, 01:15 AM
A close family friend who mingles with the lever pullers told me on a bike ride yesterday that his buddy who owns many Ford dealerships and has been in business for 40 years usually sells 50 cars/day between his multiple locations. Last weekend he sold zero, a number he has never ever seen.

phirang
10-20-08, 01:35 AM
Well, you could patronize this card dealership just a little maybe, like you have one or two other economic analysts out there (John Williams or Nouriel Roubini come to mind). It wouldn't cost all that much. Patronizing can be quite inexpensive. :rolleyes:

John Williams is just wrong.

Roubini is a smart guy, but I find him annoying nonetheless. It's just a matter of taste.