Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Resist the Wall Street Shock Doctrine - Naomi Klein

Quote:
    I think were seeing a very dramatic example of this tactic right now with this really extortionist kind of tactics playing out in Washington. You know, Sign this blank check, or were all going down, or Main Street is going down, or taxpayers—you know, the sky will fall in on them.

Im also arguing that this is only stage one of the shock doctrine. Theyre getting this—theyre lobbying for this huge bailout, obviously, but this bailout is a kind of a time bomb, because its all these bad debts, and they are going to explode on the next administration. I mean, we know that the Bush administration has already left the next administration with huge debt and deficit problems. Theyve just exploded those, expanded them. And what that means is that whoever the next president is is going to be inheriting this economic crisis that is being exacerbated by this bailout.

Re: Resist the Wall Street Shock Doctrine - Naomi Klein

from the video "to the extent that we're seeing a little bit of spine from the democrats it is only, as Chris Dodd said, because they are hearing it from their constituents"

Great to hear keep up the pressure everyone!

Comment

Re: Resist the Wall Street Shock Doctrine - Naomi Klein

Originally posted by Rajiv View Post
      Quote:
      I think were seeing a very dramatic example of this tactic right now with this really extortionist kind of tactics playing out in Washington. You know, Sign this blank check, or were all going down, or Main Street is going down, or taxpayers—you know, the sky will fall in on them.

Im also arguing that this is only stage one of the shock doctrine. Theyre getting this—theyre lobbying for this huge bailout, obviously, but this bailout is a kind of a time bomb, because its all these bad debts, and they are going to explode on the next administration. I mean, we know that the Bush administration has already left the next administration with huge debt and deficit problems. Theyve just exploded those, expanded them. And what that means is that whoever the next president is is going to be inheriting this economic crisis that is being exacerbated by this bailout.

Great video. Lots of good analysis and information.

I wasn't aware Paulson was an assistant to John Ehrlichman before joining Goldman. Maybe not so surprising, though.

Comment

Working...
      X