PDA

View Full Version : iTulip Mid-year 2008 Performance Poll

FRED
07-01-08, 06:54 PM
Poll to find out how iTuliper's, by taking advantage of opinions offered here, are doing with their investments.

jimmygu3
07-02-08, 12:11 AM
Poll to find out how iTuliper's, by taking advantage of opinions offered here, are doing with their investments.

I'm pleased with my 9.2% gain but it didn't quite put me into the 10%+ club. :mad::D Any gains are great when compared to the S&P, which has shed 14.5% as of today.

Jimmy

ocelotl
07-03-08, 01:36 AM
YTD, 3.40% measured in MXN (it's all denominated in MXN), 8.81% measured in USD.

So far I'm OK, but after around two and a half months where my portfolio was going nowhere, its wake up this week has been more than welcome. I've also set a new stop for my Euro linked CD, if tomorrow ECB rises rates, I'm staying another month, else I'm dumping it.

Also I have to say that I still am developing my investment thesis, doing some fixes whenever necessary,

Atlas
07-05-08, 07:43 PM
Just became a paying member a few months ago, but have been reading on this site for about 1 1/2 years and this is my first post. I will say that I have been a little intimidated to post due to the high level analysis and obvious brain power exhibited here. But as to your poll, I have greatly benefited from the information as this is the first year I had the guts and the knowedge to step outside my comfort zone and short some things in the market. Overall my portfolio is up around 15% for the year.

ax
07-05-08, 08:50 PM
Congrats, Atlas, and have no fear. Even before I paid up, found that most were looking to help, not poke fun.

jimmygu3
10-06-08, 01:58 PM

I couldn't figure out how to post a new poll for a Q3 portfolio progress report as of 9/30/08. If anyone cares to do so, I'm interested to see how it compares to the Q2 poll. I myself have gone from +9% to -6% for the year in the last 3 months. :eek:

Still a lot better than the S&P....:rolleyes:

Jimmy

BrianL
10-06-08, 03:15 PM
I'm down 30% for the year. As of yesterday; I'm sure today bumped that to 35% or so as energy is getting hammered.

I was a late comer to itulip and wasn't at all positioned for this.

c1ue
10-17-08, 02:16 AM
I sold all my work related stuff when I dropped off the grid in October 2006, then 70% of my 25 year old portfolio in Q2 2007.

Another 20% financial stocks: specifically JPM and C in October 2007.

Since December 2007, have been no less than 80% cash + GLD, but am presently up 38%. About half from my 3rd and 4th trades of the year: SKF