This is a sticky topic.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• iTulip Forecasts since 1998

This thread tracks iTulip forecasts made since the site was founded in 1998:
    Last edited by FRED; June 24, 2008, 04:11 PM.
    Ed.

Re: iTulip Forecasts since 1998

How about the short bonds call?

Comment

Originally posted by friendly_jacek View Post
      How about the short bonds call?
      We have not made a short 10 year Treasury Bonds call yet. We are waiting for confirmation of a March 2008 opinion of one of our advisers.
      Ed.

Comment

metals say... no. if bond yields go up why is gold going up?

Comment

Originally posted by metalman View Post
          Could it be that both begin to price in future inflation?

Comment

Originally posted by metalman View Post
            10 Yr Note (yield) See Full Interactive Chart

30-Yr Bond Yield See Full Interactive Chart

2-Yr Note Yield See Full Interactive Chart

link to 6 month $GOLD chart: http://stockcharts.com/h-sc/ui?s=$GO...69&a=129594324

Originally posted by GRG55 View Post
            Could it be that both begin to price in future inflation?

I don't know what time frame you guys are referencing, but it seems for the past two weeks, since 6/13/08, rates are down while $GOLD is up a bit.

Since mid-March to now, yields are up, and $GOLD is down. Sorry for the chart duplication, can't seem to delete the extras.
            Last edited by Jim Nickerson; June 28, 2008, 10:35 AM.
            Jim 69 y/o

"...Texans...the lowest form of white man there is." Robert Duvall, as Al Sieber, in "Geronimo." (see "Location" for examples.)

Dedicated to the idea that all people deserve a chance for a healthy productive life. B&M Gates Fdn.

Good judgement comes from experience; experience comes from bad judgement. Unknown.

Comment

Originally posted by Jim Nickerson View Post

I don't know what time frame you guys are referencing, but it seems for the past two weeks, since 6/13/08, rates are down while $GOLD is up a bit.

Since mid-March to now, yields are up, and $GOLD is down. Sorry for the chart duplication, can't seem to delete the extras.
              I was looking out to a point, perhaps not too far off, where bonds [finally] start to price in the inflation that is already reflected in food, fuel and so much else.

Comment

Originally posted by GRG55 View Post
                I was looking out to a point, perhaps not too far off, where bonds [finally] start to price in the inflation that is already reflected in food, fuel and so much else.
                bonds are being supported by a flight to safety and the requirement for many pension managers that they match durations of their assets and liabilities. but it's hard to see how that's enough to keep long treasuries so strong. i've seen a few commentators calling shorting long teasuries "the trade of the century." i'm holding some puts on tlt, but so far no go.

Comment

Is there an ETF that shorts commercial real estate. Why make the call now and not early this year?

If there was one in April 2008: Time to short financials, that will be perfect. SKF up 45%-50% since April.
                  Last edited by touchring; June 29, 2008, 01:36 PM.

Comment

Working...
                  X