Dr. David Suzuki: "Jail those who disagree."

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Dr. David Suzuki: "Jail those who disagree."

I tuned into Money Talks from CFAX Victoria this Saturday morning using the Internet, and I listened to Micheal Campbell, the host of that radio programme ( Money Talks ) give Dr. David Suzuki, "the Goofy Award" for the week.

Dr. Suzuki said that politicians who disagree with or ignore the global warming hypothesis should be jailed.

I did a Google-search of Dr. David Suzuki's comment, and here is a story on Februrary 8th about it from the Saskatoon Star Phoenix newspaper:

www.canada.com/saskatoonstarphoenix/columnists/story.html?id=44aad456-a874-45de-82b5-51c78f755ff6

Clearly, Suzuki's comment is troubling ( and goofy ) because scientists are supposed to be open-minded, and all hypotheses, whatever they are, are to be doubted, checked, verified, and re-checked again be others, especially as new data comes in.

So now we have new data about global warming coming in from the solar system, and apparently the entire solar system has been warming in recent years. Here is a link to that finding from The World Climate Report:

http://www.worldclimatereport.com/in.../neptune-news/

And this new data would seem to indicate that the Earth is warming because the Sun is producing more heat as part of a solar cycle or solar event. This means that carbon dioxide pollution may not be the only cause of any recent global warming on Earth--- because carbon dioxide pollution from mankind can not be responsible for the observed global warming on Mars, Jupiter, Tritan, and now Neptune.

But none of this seems to matter with Dr. Suzuki, and he won the Money Talks, Goofy Award for this past week. David Suzuki is one of the leaders of the environmental movement in Canada and a former television celebrity on CBC's programme, "The Nature of Things" back in the early 1970s.

Add to the data about the global warming throughout the entire solar system the data indicating little change in the climate here in California, also the data showing that world sea level is up only slightly--- 6 or 7 inches in 100 years--- and you have no evidence of any global warming crisis on Earth. But perhaps, our children in school might learn (from this exercise in critical thinking) what science is and what non-science is.
    Last edited by Starving Steve; February 09, 2008, 02:33 PM.

Re: Dr. David Suzuki: "Jail those who disagree."

Originally posted by Starving Steve View Post
    I tuned into Money Talks from CFAX Victoria this Saturday morning using the Internet, and I listened to Micheal Campbell, the host of that radio programme ( Money Talks ) give Dr. David Suzuki, "the Goofy Award" for the week.

Dr. Suzuki said that politicians who disagree with or ignore the global warming hypothesis should be jailed.

I did a Google-search of Dr. David Suzuki's comment, and here is a story on Februrary 8th about it from the Saskatoon Star Phoenix newspaper:

www.canada.com/saskatoonstarphoenix/columnists/story.html?id=44aad456-a874-45de-82b5-51c78f755ff6

Dr. David Suzuki is hardly being original here.

Robert Kennedy Jr. beat him to it last summer...;)
    Environmentalist Kennedy Name-Calls During 'Live Earth'
    Skeptical politicians called 'traitors' and 'indentured servants.'
    Despite claims of “Live Earth’s” bipartisan, non-political nature, Robert F. Kennedy Jr. had some strong words for the political opposition at the July 7
    “Get rid of all these rotten politicians that we have, who are nothing more than corporate toadies … This is treason. And we need to start treating them as traitors,” said Kennedy...
    ...“[Y]ou hear this from the oil industry and the coal industry and their ‘indentured servants’ in our political process that global climate stability is a luxury that we can’t afford,” said Kennedy without specifically naming names...

Comment

Working...
    X