Has The Fed Gone Too Far?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Has The Fed Gone Too Far?

Not on your life. Despite the parade of Wall Street types on the tube these days fretting about such a thing, the chances are nil. But not the way they define it. They deem that a recession would constitute evidence that the Fed has, yet again, "gone too far".

How many of them openly worried that the Fed would go "too far" when it was cutting rates? How many fretted that the production-free consumption, historic trade deficits, and inflation that would result would be harmful? Skyrocketing home prices, borrowers lured into insolvency by easy money, and eventually soaring energy prices?

One has to wonder if these guys have the average American in mind when they think about what would be harmful. Harmful to Wall Street big money firms and corporate execs who make money by inflating their shares and self-dealing in stock options, just like the government does with our currency?

Let's put it the other way around. If we do not get an old-fashioned, consumption-led recession, it would constitute evidence that the Fed has, yet again, not gone far enough.
    Finster

Re: Has The Fed Gone Too Far?

I would venture an opinion here that the "FED" can never go too far,,,,,
    certainly in the wrong directions for WALL & BROAD vested intrests.

Were it not predictable who really controls the Man Behind the Curtain....I
    would give this postulate some fair creedances...

All one must do,,,is tap the line from Karl Rove's red hot phone....in order to see exactly what Bernake will do or say......

There are no surprises as long as the contributions keep on a flowing to the
    Kurrent Klowns showings of the ARSES..........

UN TUTS
    LORD Haw Haw

Informant to:
    221B Baker Street
    Westminister, LONDON U.K.

Comment

Originally posted by Thye Usual Suspect

I would venture an opinion here that the "FED" can never go too far,,,,,
      certainly in the wrong directions for WALL & BROAD vested intrests.

Were it not predictable who really controls the Man Behind the Curtain....I
      would give this postulate some fair creedances...

All one must do,,,is tap the line from Karl Rove's red hot phone....in order to see exactly what Bernake will do or say......

There are no surprises as long as the contributions keep on a flowing to the
      Kurrent Klowns showings of the ARSES..........

UN TUTS
      I was going to venture a meaningful reply ... but got hung up on attempting to decipher the meaning of "UN TUTS"

Nevertheless, upon further reflexions, it must be admitted that the interests of Wall and Broad may be at work here. If interest rates are held low compared to savings, then traditional savings become very unattractive. Would-be savers - at the margin - might be induced to buy stocks. This provides a source of cheap, undiscriminating capital, making it easier and more profitable to ride the stock option gravy train ... :rolleyes:
      Finster

Comment

Yes,,,,the enlightened one sees,,,

I think a crack has began on this old scheme of back dating the options

Seems as though a few honest pension fund managers that were beyond offshore bribes have demanded some accountings and reprisals from our
        quote "authorities" unquotes....

let me tell you this....we do our PART in stomping the hell out of crooks...

Especially the ones wearing ARMANI suits and snorting Coke..down
        on WALL & BROADS......

HOWLS & HOOTS
        LORD Haw Haw

Informant to:
        221B Baker Street
        Westminister, LONDON U.K.

Comment

Working...
        X