Global Credit Crash

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Global Credit Crash

From Australian TV ABC Lateline program. Economics reporter Stephen Long talks about the US sub-prime mortgage market , Collateralized Debt Obligations (CDOs) and the collapse of two Bear Stears hedge funds, and the potential for this to set off a global credit crash.

Re: Global Credit Crash

I fond this on digg. Pretty good video recap of events.

http://media4.abc.net.au/4corners/loans/loans_hi.wmv

Comment

Originally posted by globaleconomicollaps View Post

Thanks for putting up the link, globalecon. I forwarded the link to friends, as it's one of the best explanations for this complex issue that I've seen.

Comment

"Could the fallout from hundreds of thousands of dodgy home loans given to poor people in the US cause a global credit crash?"

On the housingbubbleblog, one theme I've seen is people talking about the "it's like that there, but not over here" thing. Like no one gave "dodgy" loans to anyone in australia, where RE is also tanking? What about Spain, the UK? No "dodgy" loans there? Blame the poor "subprime" people. Blame the "americans." Blame the poor bastards in cleveland... there's no housing bubble in NYC! None in San Fran! None in Melbourne, Madrid, or London! Also, no housing bubble in commercial, none at the top end million dollar plus loans... no problems there, eh Mr. MSM? Yup, it's only dodgy loans from the poor idiots from ghettos in the US.

Comment

Originally posted by DemonD View Post
          "Could the fallout from hundreds of thousands of dodgy home loans given to poor people in the US cause a global credit crash?"

On the housingbubbleblog, one theme I've seen is people talking about the "it's like that there, but not over here" thing. Like no one gave "dodgy" loans to anyone in australia, where RE is also tanking? What about Spain, the UK? No "dodgy" loans there? Blame the poor "subprime" people. Blame the "americans." Blame the poor bastards in cleveland... there's no housing bubble in NYC! None in San Fran! None in Melbourne, Madrid, or London! Also, no housing bubble in commercial, none at the top end million dollar plus loans... no problems there, eh Mr. MSM? Yup, it's only dodgy loans from the poor idiots from ghettos in the US.
          Yep. It was a Global Credit Binge. It's just that the Americans always seem to know how to take things to the extreme.

Here in London we have had a Commericial, Housing and credit card bubble. I fear the collapse.

Thanks Sapiens & globaleconomicollaps for the video's.

Comment

Originally posted by globaleconomicollaps View Post

Excellent video report! Thanks for the link.

Comment

Working...
            X