Mega's Mum

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mega's Mum

2 days ago my mum was at her friends & felt unwell......she left her to return home & only got to the gate. An ambalance was called & she was taken to hospital. I re-assured myself that she simply become faint & she be returned home.........sadly this is not the case.

My Mother suffered a "small" heart attack, she is 80 & has high blood pressure.......i been to see her today & tests are still being run but it looks like she might require a by-pass. I am worried, she is very fit for her age, but she is her age.......i will keep you posted.

Mike

Re: Mega's Mum

I hope she recovers very swiftly, Mega. My best regards to you and her. I am sure she will be fine!!!

Comment

Best wishes for your mother's health and full recovery.

If it helps you feel better... My late husband had an emergency quadruple bypass; the results were almost immediate. Only days after surgery, the color in his cheeks was better than when he had gone into the hospital. He had so much more energy after that surgery.

Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Comment

How are things, Mega? I hope things are going well, man.

Comment

Best wishes to you, and, especially, your mum, Mega.

Comment

Mega, i think your mum will be ok, they caught it early. My Uncle at near the same age had a stent put in and is doing well.
            I wish you the same outcome.

Comment

Update:-
              Mother rang and DEMANDED that i come to the hospital & bring her home.........she has a history of signing herself out. The panic attack passed quickly & with the help of my sister we convinced her to stay on. Its very hot in the ward & Mum has always suffered from the fear of breathing problems which dates back to WW2.

The Germans bombed Liverpool & the shelter she was in was almost hit....it collasped & she had to be dug out, her younger brother died. My fear now is she go to friday which is one week in & then "do a runner". She will NOT allow them to operate........

In the meantime i seem to have caught some sort of bug from the hospital visits...feeling very unwell (it don't rain, it pours).

Mike

Comment

Do what you have to, sir!!

And sorry to hear about you being sick. Hope that clears up quick!

Comment

All the best to you and your mum.

Comment

UPDATE/2
                    The news is not good although not bad either:-

Bad News:- She requires open heart operation, she is 80 years old.

Good News:- She is a VERY fit 80 year old & the rest of her is in good working order.

The Doctors say they will not operate unless they felt she would be able to come though the operation.

I am deeply worried, but we will see what happens..

Cheers
                    Mike

Comment

Best of luck, buddy. I am sure she will make it through!!!

Comment

Such a stressful time for you all. Sending you and your mum my best wishes.

Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Comment

Wishing the best to you and yours.

If she is 'stable' I question the whole open heart part v. a stent or roto rooter technique at her age. Open heart is VERY painful, my dad went thru it and said if he had to do it again he would die first. He especially hated the breathing tube and being strapped to the bed so he would not pull it out.

Dad went thru open hart post heart attack that almost killed him. Then two stents, and finally passed 7.5 years later. He saw his forts grandchild, and other than my birth I think that was the most special time of his life.

Comment

Update/3
                            Hardest of hard sells, but looks like she agreed to sign the consent forms..............Thank God.

She stay in this hospital before getting transfar to another for the Op.........we think 2 weeks from now. We are all frightend but hopeful.
                            Mike

Comment

Good luck to you and her, buddy! I am sure she'll make it through.

Comment

Working...
                              X