X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ghetto's are not only nescessary but Essential

Good Moring Itulip-ers
    Been thinking of a human-engineering project:- Ghetto-nniering

For too long we allowed Motherf*ckers to live among us, their kids fail to attend school & they spend their nights watching cable, playing computer games Or robbing the rest of us.......its time to change.

For this pupose we equire a Ghetto, a place of FEAR & for-bold-ing where the crimos & lower lifes can live. It will give us something to threaten the scumbags with...........Get little Jonny to school in the morning bitch or we shipp you out....stop hassling the other people in your area Bastard, or we ship you out.

The Area of land will have to be choicen with care, the topography of the area is unhelpful to rapid movement in or out, a few “Pinch points” where they can be looked over. Any cars they have will have to be left in front of the buildings (no hidden places) So if someone suddenly has a new car it can be checked to see if its robbed very quickly.

As for the buildings themselves, look below:-

Find a Job M&S Wine Our Papers Feedback
    Sunday, Feb 17 2013 9AM 2°C 12PM 6°C 5-Day Forecast

Living in a box: Inside the homes made from shipping containers that will soon be housing Britain's homeless

• Brighton Housing Trust wants to use converted containers to help people while they search for permanent home
    • Each container comes with bathroom, kitchen and plasterboarded wall
    • Shipping container homes have already proven a success in Holland

By Becky Evans and Steve Robson
    PUBLISHED: 16:05, 30 November 2012 | UPDATED: 20:29, 30 November 2012

Here's a fascinating glimpse inside the shipping container homes set to be used as temporary accommodation for homeless people.
    A housing trust in Brighton wants to use the 36 adapted containers as a stop-gap for people without a permanent home.

It is the latest plan aimed at tackling Brighton and Hove's 'desperate' housing crisis.

Scroll down for video

Success: The shipping container homes will be similar to this student accommodation built in Amsterdam in 2006

Problem solving: Brighton Housing Trust hopes the shipping container will help solve the city's housing crisis

Container city: The stacked container homes have proved successful in Holland where they have housed the Amsterdam's student population

The containers have been transformed into self-contained studio flats, and feature bathrooms, kitchens and plasterboarded walls.
    The structures were designed for a social housing project in Amsterdam two years ago but the scheme had to be abandoned after hitting funding difficulties.
    It is hoped they will instead be used as temporary homes in Brighton and Hove from late spring next year until a permanent roof can be found.
    The Brighton Housing Trust and developer QED are to submit a planning application to the local city council for a central site featuring the modified containers with allotments on the roofs.
    Andy Winter, chief executive of Brighton Housing Trust, said 'imaginative solutions' were needed to deal with the 'desperate' housing situation in the city.
    Concern: Brighton and Hove authorities recognise homelessness is a serious problem in the city. Some 43 rough sleepers were counted there this month (file picture)

Shipping-container homes have been used elsewhere, including in London, and are seen as a significantly cheaper housing option than bricks and mortar.
    The plans in Brighton follow a warning from leading housing bodies this month that homelessness and overcrowding are getting worse amid Britain’s housing shortage.
    High property prices averaging around £302,000, steep private rents and low average wages in the seaside city have contributed to high levels of homelessness
    The problems come against a background of rising private sector rents and as more people are claiming housing benefit nationwide, a report by Shelter, the National Housing Federation and the Chartered Institute of Housing said.
    Mr Winter said: 'I have to admit that when it was first suggested to me that shipping containers be used for housing I was a bit sceptical.
    'However, having seen what can be achieved, I was quickly won over. The WC and shower unit is exactly the same as my daughter had in her student accommodation and she much preferred it to having to share bathrooms and toilets with other students. Who wouldn’t?
    'What really excites me about this opportunity is that land that might otherwise lie idle for five years will be brought back into life and used to provide much-needed temporary accommodation for 36 men and women in Brighton and Hove.'

Much-needed: Bright Housing Trust say the container homes are desperately needed to help solve the city's housing crisis

Production: Tempo Housing has these shipping container homes manufactured in China before they are installed around Europe

When the site comes to be redeveloped, the containers can be transferred to other locations.
    Mr Winter added: 'This appears to me to be very attractive from a sustainability perspective.'

Comfortable: The shipping container homes will be a stop-gap for people without accommodation in Brighton

Exciting: Brighton Housing Trust says it needs 'imaginative' solutions to help solve the city's housing crisis

Shelter chief executive Campbell Robb said the Government 'simply isn’t delivering the new homes we need'.

And David Orr, chief executive of the National Housing Federation, said there had been'“words and policy' but 'we’ve not had delivery'.

In Brighton and Hove, the authorities recognise homelessness as a significant problem, with 43 people found sleeping rough during an annual headcount this month, up six from the previous year.
    Mr Winter highlighted the case of one man who was living in his car and holding down a job.

Shortage: The containers are manufactured in China using old shipping containers before being delivered to Europe

Problem: Average property prices of more than £300,000 and low wages have contributed to high levels of homelessness in Brighton

Innovative: The 36 containers purchased by Brighton Housing Trust which had been earmarked for a social housing project in Amsterdam two years ago but funding fell through

He said he would not want to see the shipping containers used as a long-term housing option here, but there are examples in mainland Europe.
    'The most notable project is in Keetwonen, Amsterdam, a development by TempoHousing, of 1,000 containers using exactly the same internal design layout as the ones we are proposing to use. It was completed in 2006 and is still in use today,' he said.
    QED director Chris Gilbert told local newspaper The Argus: 'We’re not intending to dress them up and pretend they’re not containers.
    'I think it could be an exciting way of addressing, quickly, what’s a massive problem.'
    Innovation: Shipping containers have been used as homes in the UK before such as this Container City in London

Unusual: 36 shipping containers, similar to these pictured, have already been converted into studio flats complete with bathrooms and kitchens

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz2L9NOVpSh
    Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

Mike

Re: Ghetto's are not only nescessary but Essential

I'm genning up a plan right now. Get this we take all the surplus people and put them in life preserving gel, feed them with tubes and jack their minds into a vast virtual reality computer. The heat from their bodies will be like big batteries. ...and... PROFIT!

Only I have a nagging feeling that this has already happened.

Comment

Globale.........i hope your not taking the piss here.........i want these F U C K E R S "Boxed off". In fact thinking about it we could get prsion labour (& unemplyed) to convert the containers!

Mike

Comment

Originally posted by Mega View Post
        Globale.........i hope your not taking the piss here.........i want these F U C K E R S "Boxed off". In fact thinking about it we could get prsion labour (& unemplyed) to convert the containers!

Mike
        Those dangerous F*&%KERS in those pics just look like some young kids trying to make a go of it in a tough world to me.

That said, I would never want to live in one of those container projects. That could get ugly fast.

Comment

Are all these shipping containers suddenly available because... shipping is down?

Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Comment

Jay
            Yes those are kids, i used the story to show you what could be done with shipping containers...

Comment

Just for you my dear:-
              http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...force-dog.html
              Mike

Comment

Oh that's hilarious! Thanks, Mike!

Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Comment

After we have them nicely settled then we need to distact them from going out of the area to rob etc......we need to flood the area with some sort of drug..."H" & "Coke" will be too expensive for this scum.....we need something that addles the mind very qucikly...brain matter reduced to soup..........Crystal-meth looks good.

Cheap & easy to make, they can form into differant street gangs to fight (With in the Ghetto) to "Top Dog" award.

Mike

Comment

Ah............My 1st "clients":-

Young unemployed mothers racially abused bouncers, stole drinks and fought with police during 'shameless' nights out

• Carla Stanway and Nicola Wainwright hurled foul-mouthed abuse at police
                    • 24-year-olds spat at doormen who threw them out of Manchester nightclub
                    • Stanway told a bouncer: 'Go back to your own country you Polish b******'
                    • Wainwright also told bouncer: 'I'm going to get 100 n****** and do you up'
                    • Fled without paying £115 bill at footballer Rio Ferdinand's restaurant Rosso
                    • Pair avoid jail but given one-year community order and three-month curfew

By Mark Duell
                    PUBLISHED: 09:44, 18 February 2013 | UPDATED: 11:35, 18 February 2013

Two young mothers on benefits were exposed today as drunken racist louts who abused nightclub bouncers, avoided paying a bill in a posh restaurant and enraged other diners with their behaviour.
                    Carla Stanway and Nicola Wainwright, both 24, hurled foul-mouthed abuse at police and spat at doormen who threw them out of a trendy club in Manchester for being drunk and stealing drinks.
                    During one exchange Stanway, who is unemployed and had given birth just three weeks previously, told a club bouncer: ‘Go back to your own country you Polish b******. I've got plenty of money.’

Louts: Carla Stanway (left) and Nicola Wainwright (right), both 24, hurled sickening foul-mouthed abuse at police and spat at doormen who threw them out of a club in Manchester for being drunk and stealing drinks

Wainwright, who claims Working Tax Credit from the taxpayer, then told the bouncer: ‘I'm going to get 100 n****** and do you up. You're all going to be dead by next week. Hit me and lose your job.’
                    Even when Greater Manchester Police intervened, Wainwright fought with them and told one woman officer she was a ‘white b****’ and ‘pale-faced s***’, adding: ‘I'll punch your head in.’
                    And later whilst on bail, they went out on another wild night, rattling up a £115 bill at Manchester United footballer Rio Ferdinand's high-class Rosso restaurant - only to become drunk and disorderly.

More...

They were asked to leave after enraging other diners with their behaviour and fled without paying the bill. When police caught up with them at a nearby hotel, the pair unleashed a foul mouthed tirade.

They called them ‘c****’ and ‘f******, horrible b*******’, Manchester Magistrates’ Court heard. A make shift weapon was found in Stanway's handbag in the form of a billiard ball in a knitted sock.
                    Stanway, of Newton Heath, and Wainwright, of Failsworth, Greater Manchester, who has a five-year-old child, both appeared in short dresses and heavy make-up to admit their outbursts.
                    At it again: Later whilst on bail, the girls went out on another wild night, rattling up a £115 bill at Manchester United footballer Rio Ferdinand's high-class Rosso restaurant - only to become drunk and disorderly

Both wannabe WAGS pleaded guilty at the court to public order and racially-aggravated public order offences and making off without payment. Stanway also admitted to carrying an offensive weapon.
                    They walked free despite justices of the peace condemning them for their ‘shameless and appalling’ behaviour and told them to be better role models to their children.
                    'I'm going to get 100 n****** and do you up. You're all going to be dead by next week. Hit me and lose your job'
                    What Nicola Wainwright told bouncer

Wainwright, wearing Hunter wellington boots, false eyelashes and a mini dress, laughed and joked after the hearing whilst Stanway, dressed all in black and wearing knee-length boots, swore at a photographer.
                    The first attack by the women occurred after they got ‘profoundly drunk’ whilst partying at Sugar Buddha Lounge in the city last December, Dominic Geelan, prosecuting, said.
                    Stanway was eventually ejected from the club at 1.45am after refusing to pay for a drink. Both girls waged a racist rant on five bouncers and staff, and even used a mobile phone as a cosh.
                    Stanway shouted at the bouncer, ‘Go back to your own country you Polish b******. I've got plenty of money - get my friend, she's a n*****.’

Wanabee WAGs: They were asked to leave Manchester United footballer Rio Ferdinand's high-class Rosso restaurant after enraging other diners with their behaviour and fled without paying the bill
                    Self-employed hairdresser and beautician Wainwright claimed she knew members of Manchester's infamous Gooch Close gang based in Moss Side, which has terrorised the area for at least a decade.
                    Wainwright said: ‘I'm going to get 100 n****** and do you up. My brother lives on Gooch Close. You're all going to be dead by next week.’
                    'Go back to your own country you Polish b******. I've got plenty of money - get my friend, she's a n*****'
                    What Carla Stanway told bouncer

A 15-minute outburst of verbal, physical and spitting on door staff by both girls followed. Both of them tried to punch staff, with one of the women hitting the doorman whilst holding a mobile phone.
                    Wainwright then tried to strike a man on the head and called him a ‘Polish f*****'.
                    When the girls were eventually arrested, Stanway begged: ‘Please don't arrest me, I have a three-week-old baby.’ Wainwright struggled with police and verbally abused the woman officer.
                    Mr Geelan added: ‘When they were shown CCTV footage of their conduct, Stanway remembered little about the incident.

Incident: The first attack by the girls occurred after they got 'profoundly drunk' whilst partying at Sugar Buddha Lounge in the city last December, Dominic Geelan, prosecuting, said

‘She did apologise and express remorse, unlike Wainwright, who laughed when shown the footage.’
                    Later the girls had been out celebrating Wainwright’s birthday last month but as they knocked back drinks in Rosso, they became so drunk that staff cut short their night and kicked them out.
                    Mr Geelan said: ‘The defendants consumed £115 of food and drink and their behaviour deteriorated in direct proportion to their alcohol consumption. Their raucous behaviour annoyed other diners, and they were asked to leave.’
                    When the angry and inebriated pair refused to foot the bill, police were called, who quickly tracked them down to the nearby Sacha's Hotel. Stanway said the makeshift weapon was for 'self-defence.'
                    David Philpott, defending, said his clients were remorseful, had admitted their guilt and had lost their good names.

Drunken louts: Stanway (left), of Newton Heath, and Wainwright (right), of Failsworth, Greater Manchester, who has a five-year-old child, both appeared in short dresses and heavy make-up to admit their outbursts

The pair who had no previous convictions, were each handed a 12-week jail sentence suspended for 12 months.
                    They were also ordered to serve a 12-month community order, abide by a three-month curfew between 7pm and 5am and attend a women's centre for 36 hours.
                    Each woman was told to pay £50 to each member of staff they abused at Sugar Buddha Lounge and pay half each for the food and drinks bill at Rosso and £85 costs.
                    The magistrates told them: ‘These matters are serious and represent appalling and shameful behaviour.
                    ‘You need to stop this drinking pattern and contribute to society in a positive manner. You're role models to your children - and you should be, rather than being drunken ignorant people.’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz2LG3NKpAg

Comment

11 Kids, don't know when to stop.....all the lovely welfare...now we must build her a place?

With "MEGA-build" she get an extra container tacked on BITCH!

Jobless mother of 11 gets council to build her SIX-BED house because she is 'struggling' in her two current homes

• Heather Frost, 36, lives in two houses which have been knocked together
                      • Has seven children in one house, while the rest live with her in the other
                      • Now Tewkesbury council has agreed to build her plush new eco-home
                      • TaxPayers' Alliance brands move a 'scandalous' use of public money
                      • First fell pregnant at 14 to a 23-year-old boyfriend who ended up in prison

By Simon Tomlinson
                      PUBLISHED: 11:41, 18 February 2013 | UPDATED: 12:25, 18 February 2013

'Scandalous': Mother-of-11 Heather Frost (pictured) is having a six-bed 'mansion' built for her by the council because she can't cope in her current home

A jobless mother of 11 is celebrating today after her local council agreed to build her a six-bedroom home to accommodate her massive brood.
                      Heather Frost, 36, currently lives in two separate houses knocked into one, which she describes as a 'nightmare' because it is so cramped.
                      Now after years of complaining, her local council has arranged for a 1,850 sq ft property to be built for her as part of a new housing development.
                      The two-storey eco-home has three bathrooms, two lounges and a huge 355 sq ft kitchen and dining area.
                      But yesterday Frost, who first gave birth at 14, vowed to demand an even bigger house if she doesn't like her new property.
                      She said: 'It's being built especially for me. If I go there and I say to them I don't like it or it's too small, then they will just have to build me a bigger one, won't they.'
                      Frost and her nine daughters and two sons currently live in a three-bedroom house in Churchdown, near Gloucester, which has been knocked through into the house next door.
                      But she says she has been waiting years for the council to provide her with suitable housing.
                      'We had to go private for a while and I had seven children in a two-bed house,' she said.
                      'Then we got this three-bed house and they knocked a doorway through to the one next door.
                      'It was meant to be for four months but we've been here for five years now.

More...

'It is a nightmare because you can't keep an eye on the children in the other house and there's only one door between them which is a fire risk.
                      'I've got the older children living over there while I am with the younger ones in this house. I think the new house is going to be ready in July and will have six beds.'

'Nightmare': The jobless 36-year-old currently lives in two houses (pictured) in Churchdown, near Gloucester which were knocked through five years ago to accommodate her massive brood
                      Frost first fell pregnant at just 14, to a 23-year-old boyfriend who ended up in prison.
                      She had her second child, Toby, with a different father when she was 17 and her brood now includes Sophie, Jay, Angel, Chloe, Bethany, and Paige.
                      And Frost, who was left sterile after a bout of cervical cancer in 2011, is already a grandmother as her eldest daughter Sophie, 22, has started her own brood with son Ashley, two.
                      Frost, who says she is currently married, said: 'Some other mums have called me a slag but I love all of my children. I'd love to have more kids if I could.'
                      Tewkesbury Borough Council came up with a solution to her situation by selling a plot of land in Tewkesbury to Severn Vale Housing association for the knock-down price of £210,000.
                      The condition of the sale was that one of the 15 affordable homes they built on the site would be a six-bedroom home for Frost.

Grand designs: The plans for the family's plush new eco-home which the council has agreed to build

Spacious: The house comes with six bedrooms, two living rooms, a kitchen/ diner and two bathrooms
                      It will feature a wooden-clad exterior and enclosed front and rear gardens.
                      The plans state: 'The proposals also include a 6 bedroom family home and a four-bedroom bungalow at the request of Tewkesbury Borough Housing Officers as these will help meet the identified housing needs of large families and families with disabled members respectively.'
                      The eco-friendly home has been designed to reduce energy and water consumption and is designed to let as much natural light in as possible.
                      It will come with an external rainwater butt and a composting area. Building materials will be sourced locally, with as much recycled materials being used as possible, reducing the carbon footprint for the new build.
                      But taxpayers groups have described the situation as a 'scandal'.

Money-saver: The new house will boast an energy efficient design to help keep Heather's energy bills down

Controversial: Councillor Derek Davies said it was a 'great example' of how the council works with housing providers to ensure affordable housing is provided for all our residents' housing needs
                      Robert Oxley, campaign manager at the TaxPayers' Alliance, said: 'It's scandalous that so much time and money is being spent on one custom built mansion.
                      'Many people can't afford to buy their own home, but have to opt for what their budget allows.
                      'Benefits are there to help those who need support, not subsidise a lifestyle that most people paying for them could not afford themselves.'
                      But councillor Derek Davies, lead member for built environment, said: 'This is a great example of how we work with housing providers to ensure affordable housing is provided for all our residents' housing needs.'
                      Judith Tector, operations director for Severn Vale Housing, said: 'The properties have not yet all been allocated so if you're interested ensure you're register with Gloucestershire Homeseekers which will allow you to bid.'
                      Frost hit the headlines in 2000 when her son Toby accidentally started a fire in their home.
                      A passing postman, Ken Young, spotted smoke billowing from the property and heroically battled against smoke and flames to rescue two of Frost's many children.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz2LG4gnTIK

Comment

" Councillor Derek Davies said it was a 'great example' of how the council works with housing providers to ensure affordable housing is provided for all our residents' housing needs."

Listern up F*cker, NO MORE OF MEGA'S MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                        BASTARD!!!!!!!!!!

Comment

" Councillor Derek Davies said it was a 'great example' of how the council works with housing providers to ensure affordable housing is provided for all our residents' housing needs."

Listern up F*cker, NO MORE OF MEGA'S MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
                          BASTARD!!!!!!!!!!
                          I had a Mega moment today.

got in line behind a young couple at the local supermarket... anything to get away from those ******* auto-check-out gizmos.
                          They were having problems getting the correct food items, and the cashier went around the store with one of them leaving me stranded. The woman, with a nice fat diamond engagement ring and iPhone was half dealing with her orders and half chatting on the phone. The man, with some other smart phone was chatting away, kind of aloof.

Well, I am in line while they are debating prices, filling out checks, and generally wasting my time for about 10 or 15 minutes. I was not in a rush, so I was not steaming mad. I just kept thinking, put down the fcking phones and deal with your stuff. I eventually gave up. They seemed determined to make me forever. No apology, no excuse me, nothing.

On closer inspection, I see they are buying things with "WIC" checks. I thought, oh.. .they won some award, or something and do not know what they can get.

I come home and look up the WIC thing. they are basically state food stamps (food for the poor).

Why are they spending my money on fancy phones, diamond ring, and being such idiots?

STOP SPENDING AARON'S MONEY!!!!

Comment

Many years ago Aaron i watched a TV program called "Look Northwest"..........local TV & it was how the local Liverpool concil had buit a load of new homes (In a free fire zone). The bloke showing them about his (HIS!) new homes kept saying how he couldn't afford to get on the housing ladder.............

then he was seen washing his brand new car!..........a F*CKING Ford XR4i.
                            It must have cost £11,000 in those days..........about £40,000 in todays money!..............

What you must see Aaron is the politics types have sussed that they need to get out the "Welfare vote".....hence we have postal votes & very soon on line voting.........i can't wait till there is NO MORE MONEY!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mike

Comment

In April THIS BULSH!T starts to end!!!!!!!!!!!!

No more £35k BMWs for Motability drivers: New rules will stop disabled getting luxury cars on taxpayer

• Maximum value of cars available to claimants will be slashed to £25,000
                              • New figures reveal 9,100 people with drink and drug problems can get free vehicles

By Simon Walters And Glen Owen
                              UPDATED: 15:20, 23 October 2011
                              New rules will stop disabled people from getting luxury cars worth up to £37,000 through a taxpayer-funded scheme.
                              Lord Sterling, chairman of the Government-assisted £1.5 billion-a-year Motability scheme, which provides cars for disabled people, announced the changes two weeks after The Mail on Sunday highlighted growing concern at alleged abuse.
                              In an attempt to reduce the huge cost and crack down on fraud, the maximum value of cars available to claimants is to be slashed to £25,000.
                              Models listed under the current scheme include the £35,000 BMW X3 and the £37,000 Toyota Land Cruiser.

Getting tough: The Queen inspects one of the many vehicles that have been donated to disabled people or their families by the Government's Motability scheme. New rules will stop disabled people from getting luxury cars worth up to £37,000

To get a £25,000 car, claimants will have to use their monthly £205 mobility allowance plus a so-called ‘advance payment’ of £2,000 from their own funds.

Previously, they could spend up to £9,000 to trade up to one of the most expensive cars.

People who live more than five miles from the disabled person will no longer be able to be ‘nominated drivers’ – to minimise the chance of someone using a car intended for a disabled person.

More...

And, to cut insurance costs, people under 21 will be excluded, unless they live with the disabled person.
                              Meanwhile, drivers under 25 will be banned from using Motability cars capable of high speeds.

Luxury: The £35,000 BMW X3 is one of the cars which is currently available to disabled people through the Motability scheme

Motability will also try out new technology to track cars they believe are being used fraudulently.

The new rules come just nine days after the Queen handed over the keys to the three millionth Motability car in a ceremony at the House of Commons.

The scheme has changed dramatically since it launched in 1978, when disabled people still used blue three-wheeled trikes.
                              There are now 575,000 Motability cars on the road. Supporters say they have hugely improved the quality of life for many disabled people.
                              But Work and Pensions Secretary Iain Duncan Smith, whose department is responsible for the monthly £205 benefit that pays for the cars, has urged Motability to cut costs and abuse.

New stance: Work and Pensions Secretary Iain Duncan Smith has urged Motability to cut costs

The Mail on Sunday revealed earlier this month that Motability cars have been given to some parents of children with Attention Deficit Hyperactivity Disorder (ADHD).
                              Following further enquiries, The Mail on Sunday has obtained a full list of the categories of people who qualify for Motability cars.
                              It shows that 9,100 people whose ‘main disabling condition’ is related to alcohol or drug abuse have been given the ‘higher mobility’ benefit, which entitles them to a Motability car.
                              The allowance is paid to 28,700 people whose main condition is asthma and 123,900 with unspecified back pain.
                              Arthritis sufferers are the largest category, with 506,300 claimants entitled to a car. Roughly one in three people who are paid the allowance uses it to obtain a car.
                              The Department for Work and Pensions (DWP) is also concerned about websites offering advice on how to fill in forms to maximise the chance of getting the benefit.

Motability director Peter McCarthy said: ‘It is inevitable with so many people getting the allowance that there will also be bad pennies.’
                              In his statement on Friday, Lord Sterling said 95 per cent of Motability cars cost £25,000 or less, with the Ford Focus among the most popular models.

The average Motability car cost £19,500, less than the UK average of more than £28,000.
                              The peer said that last year there were ‘7,144 allegations of fraud or abuse .  .  . many of which led to prosecution by police’.
                              A total of 829 people had cars withdrawn and 486 were suspended or permanently banned.
                              Last night, a spokesman for the Disability Alliance said people with drug or alcohol problems who are entitled to the ‘higher mobility’ allowance typically suffer from additional health problems.

‘Two-thirds of the people receiving Disability Living Allowance have multiple impairments and people receive support only if they have significant mobility and care needs,’ the spokesman said.
                              ‘The DWP’s recording system leaves a lot to be desired. While some may jump to conclusions about the health condition experienced by the recipient based on the “main disabling condition”, it should be remembered that the impact is assessed before people can access DLA.
                              'The assessment focuses on care and support needs, and mobility needs. Despite the lack of evidence of waste or fraud, the Government approach will cut hundreds of thousands from support and see millions spent regularly testing people who are, for example, deaf-blind.’

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...#ixzz2LpQPZZsi

Comment

Working...
                              X