X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• For "Wisdom" from TED!

I love this guy.

Re: For "Wisdom" from TED!

Took the ()%#)#(^$)@! words right out of my mouth.

Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Comment

Re: For "Wisdom" from TED!

Originally posted by shiny! View Post
      Took the ()%#)#(^$)@! words right out of my mouth.
      +1
      altho 'the coursening of social discourse' does come into play in these events, the real problem is that most of the lamestream media has chosen sides - and we know perty damn clear now, just who's side most of em are on.

and altho that guy (above) is certainly vocal about this situation in the media today, methinks this one
      The Guy From Boston, baybee
      is even more poignant ;)

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/y7o9p0fP6cQ" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

and dunno why this cant be embedded anymore, but....
      gotta luv em....

Comment

Re: For &quot;Wisdom&quot; from TED!

Originally posted by lektrode View Post
        I agree with his sentiment, but have the stats of his claims been verified?

Be kinder than necessary because everyone you meet is fighting some kind of battle.

Comment

Re: For &quot;Wisdom&quot; from TED!

And, ironically, his video for me had a polarizing advertisement layover for "Urgent National Poll: Should GOP Fight Obama on Gun Control" from independentlivingnews.com/poll/gun-control/poll.php where when you "vote" your email gets subscribed to some more polarizing stuff, with the site highlighting wonderful headlines like: "On the Road to Zimbabwe - U.S. Eyes Minting Trillion Dollar Coin"

Of course the media doesn't fully "do their job" ... if they did what they claim they would quickly be fired as individuals...
          this is how the much-lauded "freedom of the press" myth in the US actually works. If you perform the job of an actual journalist, telling truth to power, forget about attending press conferences at the White House, Pentagon or State Department. You won't even be admitted in the building.
          ... or driven under as companies:
          the US public should not learn that "state policies are overwhelmingly regressive, thus reinforcing and expanding social inequality", though designed in ways that lead "people to think that the government helps only the undeserving poor, allowing politicians to mobilise and exploit anti-government rhetoric and values even as they continue to funnel support to their better-off constituents" - I'm quoting from the main establishment journal, Foreign Affairs, not from some radical rag.
          The endless cursing only makes it easier to dismiss his view as a rage-driven crazy though. Imagine how much different the audience composition would be here if EJs articles were like that. ;)

I am surprised Google even allows that video to be monetized. I have seen plenty of far more vanilla stuff that was a no go.

Comment

Working...
          X