• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Hmmmmm....

http://www.shtfplan.com/headline-new...ports_01092013

Mike

Re: Hmmmmm....

Most of those things can be explained by the fact that China is a rapidly industrializing nation with the world's largest population that needs massive resource consumption to drive that growth. They are doing everything possible to drive economic growth, which in light of declining economic activity worldwide after the peak in 2010, is leading to stockpiling. They aren't going to stop because their whole house of cards is built upon maintaining massive growth. The legitimacy of the ruling party is intertwined heavily with China's economic miracle. And should that miracle come to an end, so will the ruling party.

The other crap listed on there is the same rubbish published by people like Alex Jones, who I noticed they link to. That should immediately send up a red flag about anything they say.

Comment

Originally posted by BadJuju View Post
      Most of those things can be explained by the fact that China is a rapidly industrializing nation with the world's largest population that needs massive resource consumption to drive that growth. They are doing everything possible to drive economic growth, which in light of declining economic activity worldwide after the peak in 2010, is leading to stockpiling. They aren't going to stop because their whole house of cards is built upon maintaining massive growth. The legitimacy of the ruling party is intertwined heavily with China's economic miracle. And should that miracle come to an end, so will the ruling party.

The other crap listed on there is the same rubbish published by people like Alex Jones, who I noticed they link to. That should immediately send up a red flag about anything they say.
      a) Mega loves Alex Jones.
      b) The Chinese are stockpiling because they have a legitimate fear of inflation
      C) It looks pretty obvious to me that China wants a war.

Comment

A) That our dear friend Mega does!!
        B) What makes you assume that they are doing it for exactly that reason? I do not dispute that inflation is one reason why they are doing it, but you cannot say that they are not also stockpiling because of the decline in worldwide economic activity and their own desire to rev the economic engine as much as possible.
        C) Maybe, maybe not. A war isn't going to help them if they get clobbered by the USA should it decide to protect Japan's assets. A war is certainly a possibility, but I don't think they are aching for a war. I think they are trying to project their economic and military might in the region without coming to blows. Although it doesn't take much to ignite a hot war.
        Last edited by BadJuju; January 10, 2013, 12:49 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by BadJuju View Post
          A) That our dear friend Mega does!!
          B) What makes you assume that they are doing it for exactly that reason? I do not dispute that inflation is one reason why they are doing it, but you cannot say that they are not also stockpiling because of the decline in worldwide economic activity and their own desire to rev the economic engine as much as possible.
          C) Maybe, maybe not. A war isn't going to help them if they get clobbered by the USA should it decide to protect Japan's assets. A war is certainly a possibility, but I don't think they are aching for a war. I think they are trying to project their economic and military might in the region without coming to blows. Although it doesn't take much to ignite a hot war.
          You don't rev the engine by stockpiling copper in parking lots. At least, I think you don't.
          The theory that all those empty cities and high speed trains will be used some day seems reasonable to me, but how long until then?
          So this is all a bunch of saber rattling? How can you tell it from the real thing?

Comment

Originally posted by globaleconomicollaps View Post
            You don't rev the engine by stockpiling copper in parking lots. At least, I think you don't.
            The theory that all those empty cities and high speed trains will be used some day seems reasonable to me, but how long until then?
            So this is all a bunch of saber rattling? How can you tell it from the real thing?
            You also don't logically rev the engine by building cities in far-flung places that are entirely empty after the fact, but that's what China does because it fuels their construction boom and lets them keep up the 'miracle' going longer. The stockpiling could just as well be because the economic machine is slowing down for the first time in many years and they are still stuck in high gear expecting it to keep going. It is not really any different than our sub-prime mortgage crisis where people were buying houses up at vastly inflated prices and at tremendous rates even as the tide started to turn.

Maybe it is, but I can't say for certain. It certainly seems that way. Plenty of countries do it. Still, it doesn't make me any less worried because these things have a way of becoming more than just saber rattling.

Comment

Alex Rocks!

Comment

Working...
              X