UK Fuel prices start to bite....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• UK Fuel prices start to bite....

Paid £1.43 a litre (Super 99) for my fuel tonight, was shocked that the press had NOT kicked off. Normal was £1.38 ...........my fellow Brits were crying at the pump. Then i looked to see what they were driving?............a 7 year old Porsche, A 5 year old Range Rover, 8 year old BMW........

What the F*ck are these people thinking?????
    I knew 5 years ago that Peek Oil & Money printing was coming, so did they they. Did they go out & buy a nice new Diesel or Hybrid.....perhaps a car with a 3 cyinder motor?

Nope, they decided that those nice cheap "Bling" cars were the way to go......buy them on credit & the fuel as well......Play now, pay latter.............Well its latter!

My friend next door just got a new lease hire car, the BMW has gone & its some strange looking Lexus Hybrid, not quick at all..........

Roll on £2.00 a litre.
    Mike

Re: UK Fuel prices start to bite....

My wife and I purchased a new Hyundai Sonata Hybrid a month and a half ago. We really enjoy the vehicle; in many respects it is a luxury car for $30K. The best part is that we are getting close to 40 mpg in mixed driving. I test drove both the regular Sonata and the Hybrid, and I believe the Hybrid has by far the better acceleration above 20 mph, and under 20 isn't shabby. We both hated the Prius when we test drove it. The HSH is much roomier and actually fun to drive. It also looks a whole lot better.

I have noticed that several of our close neighbors have acquired a hybrid or small car recently. I shopped my Suburban as a trade-in on another HSH recently, but the value has dropped too much to break even, so for now I'm holding on. We may just keep it since I'm on disability and don't drive much. It has come in very handy at times and it has 4 wheel drive for the winter. I looked at the gas expense and determined that I might save as much as $50 a month by trading for the HSH. That's just not enough to justify giving up the capabilities of the 'burb. And the best way to save gas is not to drive much, which I'm already doing.

Despite the increase in gas prices, I believe gas is still not expensive for many people. If it were expensive I believe I would see less aggressive and stupid driving on their part.
    "I love a dog, he does nothing for political reasons." --Will Rogers

Comment

They started to sell off the Road network:-
      http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/poli...ing-again.html

No Tolls they say..................Bollcks, they not buy them for fun...........i suspect China will be allowed to "Invest".

As for fast driving, yes the latest tatic is to drive steady till you try to overtake, then jump on the gas.........however things are getting SO bad that i had BMW drivers (old thirsty models) let me by without a problem..........they too broke to fight.
      Mike

Comment

Maybe they are just starting to realize that driving should be a dance, not a contest.
        "I love a dog, he does nothing for political reasons." --Will Rogers

Comment

Working...
        X