Two Excellent Documentaries

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Two Excellent Documentaries

I have two excellent documentaries to suggest to the iTulip community. In both movies I see strong connections to the work of iTulip, especially understanding how concepts are "sold" to the public and being able to pick up future memes being conditioned into the public:

Psywar - 2010
    This film explores the evolution of propaganda and public relations in the United States, with an emphasis on the elitist theory of democracy and the relationship between war, propaganda and class.

Includes original interviews with a number of dissident scholars including Noam Chomsky, Howard Zinn, Michael Parenti, Peter Phillips (Project Censored), John Stauber (PR Watch), Christopher Simpson (The Science of Coercion) and others.

A deep, richly illustrated study of the nature and history of propaganda, featuring some of the world’s most insightful critics, Psywar exposes the propaganda system, providing crucial background and insight into the control of information and thought.

"If it is your desire to understand how we are manipulated into believing the things we do -- watch this film. Every American should see it...for the sake of our future." - Timothy Gatto, fmr Chairman, Liberal Party of America

Trailer:
    http://vimeo.com/14368259

Complete Movie:

Human Resources - Social Engineering in the 20th Century

A documentary about Social Control, examining the history, the philosophy and ultimately the pathology of elite power.

Trailer & Watch it Free Online: http://metanoia-films.org/human-resources/ (note that the trailer is not very good at describing the movie; the movie however is very good)

This documentary is interesting in that it dives into some of the same psychological ideas that EJ has gotten into, including the work of Edward Bernays (Propaganda 1928) that EJ has quoted in some of his articles that discuss using memes to forecast future trends.

Re: Two Excellent Documentaries

Is this the "Psyops 2012" video also posted on the main itulip.com home page? I ask because I can not see that video and this one in youtube is called Psyops 2010. If the one on the home page is a different video, can you or someone post a link to it here? I've noticed multiple times that the video of the month posted on the home page is often not visible, not sure why. Videos seem to work fine for me in pretty much all other sites I visit, including the video section of the forums here.
    Cheers,
    Adeptus
    Warning: Network Engineer talking economics!

Comment

I've seen the previous few videos but I don't see this one. I will see if I can use my computing skills to look at the source code and get the link for whatever is on the main page there... yep, here it is:

http://player.vimeo.com/video/14368259

Hmm, can't make it embed, but it looks like a 5 minute preview for (presumably) Psywar or Psyops 2012

EDIT: Oh, that's the same preview link posted directly above the embed above. I guess the 2012 is a typo and should probably be Psywar 2010 (preview).
      Last edited by davidstvz; March 01, 2012, 11:27 PM.

Comment

Yes.... I have no idea if the front page of iTulip is referring to this video, although it sure seems like it.

The correct title is Psywar.

2010 is only the production date and not part of the title.

Comment

Originally posted by davidstvz View Post
          I've seen the previous few videos but I don't see this one. I will see if I can use my computing skills to look at the source code and get the link for whatever is on the main page there... yep, here it is:

http://player.vimeo.com/video/14368259

Hmm, can't make it embed, but it looks like a 5 minute preview for (presumably) Psywar or Psyops 2012

EDIT: Oh, that's the same preview link posted directly above the embed above. I guess the 2012 is a typo and should probably be Psywar 2010 (preview).
          If they (who ever maintains the iTulip home page) can't get the embed to work because of Viemo, they should just embed the entire documentary which is also on YouTube.

Comment

Thanks for the followup.
            Adeptus
            Warning: Network Engineer talking economics!

Comment

I will watch these videos - thanks for posting. Just curious if there is any mention of Jean Baudrillard's work in either video. Thanks in advance.
              The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance - it is the illusion of knowledge ~D Boorstin

Comment

I think when I finish sywar, I may begin to understand Reggie's posts.

Comment

Originally posted by aaron View Post
                  I think when I finish sywar, I may begin to understand Reggie's posts.
                  Just remember that what you watch just might be more psywar. In psywar, it is just as important to capture the anti-system message as it is the system messages.
                  The greatest obstacle to discovery is not ignorance - it is the illusion of knowledge ~D Boorstin

Comment

Just a reminder.... don't forget that there are two movies here to watch.

The second one was kinda hidden by the embedded video of the first and is easy to overlook.

This movie is also done by the same producer and has a similar theme. The first movie focused on a technique (psychological warfare) and this compainion movie focuses on the target (human resources). The movie producers focus on the manipulation of humans through social engineering to create ready and willing resources for government, military, corporate, and consumers.

Human Resources - Social Engineering in the 20th Century

A documentary about Social Control, examining the history, the philosophy and ultimately the pathology of elite power.

Trailer & Watch it Free Online: http://metanoia-films.org/human-resources/ (note that the trailer is not very good at describing the movie; the movie however is very good)

This documentary is interesting in that it dives into some of the same psychological ideas that EJ has gotten into, including the work of Edward Bernays (Propaganda 1928) that EJ has quoted in some of his articles that discuss using memes to forecast future trends.

Comment

Any mention of the Macy Conferences and the work done there?

Comment

Working...
                      X