PDA

View Full Version : The server is busy at this time.

Andreuccio
09-17-07, 02:11 PM
iTulip growth has been phenomenal. When I joined in March of this year, I was somewhere in the middle of the second page on the member's list. Now I'm close to the bottom of the third page. Extrapolating, you've probably increased membership by 50% to 100% in the last six months.

Kudos! It's a great site that offers invaluable information not available elsewhere, so of course membership will skyrocket.

One problem that comes from this growth, though, is that from time to time, like this morning, the servers get busy and won't allow access. I was wondering if there isn't a way to allow paid subscribers preferential access so they can avoid this. It would be a reward for subscribing, and might increase subscriptions.

Just a thought. As always, thanks for the great service.

FRED
09-17-07, 04:31 PM
iTulip growth has been phenomenal. When I joined in March of this year, I was somewhere in the middle of the second page on the member's list. Now I'm close to the bottom of the third page. Extrapolating, you've probably increased membership by 50% to 100% in the last six months.

Kudos! It's a great site that offers invaluable information not available elsewhere, so of course membership will skyrocket.

One problem that comes from this growth, though, is that from time to time, like this morning, the servers get busy and won't allow access. I was wondering if there isn't a way to allow paid subscribers preferential access so they can avoid this. It would be a reward for subscribing, and might increase subscriptions.

Just a thought. As always, thanks for the great service.

Thanks for reporting this. Usually the "server busy" message isn't really accurately relating what is going on. The real problem is often something other than a burst in traffic, like some random housekeeping process running on the server that consumes the CPU. We had a series of problems like this a few months back that was resolved by the hosting company. If the problem becomes frequent, please let us know. We'll have the hosting company address it. Thanks again.

Rajiv
09-18-07, 11:36 AM
It is a bit iffy today also! It has taken me five tries to post this message!

Uncle Jack
09-18-07, 11:38 AM
I had my own share of these messages today also, twice, and then came back. Frustrating.

FRED
09-18-07, 11:49 AM
We're on it! Thanks.

Rajiv
09-18-07, 11:59 AM
It is a bit iffy today also! It has taken me four tries to post this message!

FRED
09-24-07, 12:12 PM
Problem should be solved. Let me know if otherwise!

Andreuccio
09-24-07, 01:17 PM

Thanks as always.:)

Andreuccio
09-27-07, 12:32 PM

FYI, server busy again at 9:20 am Pacific time.

FRED
09-27-07, 03:29 PM
FYI, server busy again at 9:20 am Pacific time.

Doh! Ok, we'll look into it again. Thanks.

zoog
10-07-07, 10:57 PM
Had some trouble connecting for a while this evening. Didn't even get far enough to see "the server is busy at this time", it just timed out. The rest of my innertubes wuz working fine. Thought maybe you guys got hacked by the Plunge Protection Team.:p

Andreuccio
02-22-08, 04:39 PM
Doh! Ok, we'll look into it again. Thanks.

Hey Fred. Just wanted to let you know I've been getting this "Server Busy" message a lot the last few days. The most recent bout lasted about an hour and a half and ended about 10 minutes ago. Pretty frustrating: I had spent some time writing a reply to Jim and then lost it all when I hit send.

Jim Nickerson
02-22-08, 04:59 PM
Hey Fred. Just wanted to let you know I've been getting this "Server Busy" message a lot the last few days. The most recent bout lasted about an hour and a half and ended about 10 minutes ago. Pretty frustrating: I had spent some time writing a reply to Jim and then lost it all when I hit send.

Bummer!!!!

Slimprofits
03-27-08, 02:37 PM
This happens seemingly all the time now.

jmdpet
03-27-08, 02:58 PM
I've been seeing it almost every day in the last 3 weeks or so.

FRED
03-27-08, 03:13 PM
I've been seeing it almost every day in the last 3 weeks or so.

We moved to a new server a couple months ago but there appear to be new problems even with the new server due to increased traffic. We are reluctant to move again so soon because when we do something inevitably breaks, such as the stock trading system which we still haven't got working again.

Thanks for letting us know. We'll keep working the problem.

Mega
03-27-08, 03:32 PM
Yep, so as i came on the site it mushroomed, EJ is one lucky guy.
Mega

GRG55
03-27-08, 03:52 PM
We moved to a new server a couple months ago but there appear to be new problems even with the new server due to increased traffic. We are reluctant to move again so soon because when we do something inevitably breaks, such as the stock trading system which we still haven't got working again.

Thanks for letting us know. We'll keep working the problem.

Well the traditional free market response to that problem would be to raise the iTulip subscription rate.

Oh, I forgot. You already did that... :eek:

krakknisse
03-27-08, 04:01 PM
I see this daily. Not necessarily linked to a high number of people online. One message in composition was lost, otherwise not a huge problem.

zoog
04-02-08, 04:52 PM
Server seems to be getting hammered today, I've had problems off and on since this morning.

What do you mean me continuously hitting Refresh isn't helping?:p

I have found, during these times, when I'm trying to submit/preview a post and it gives me the server busy message, that if you just wait a while and hit refresh, it will remember what you typed and bring it back to you eventually.

World Traveler
04-02-08, 05:10 PM
I've taken to doing an alt-C (copy) of my entire post, saving to my computer's memory, before I hit the Submit Post. That way, when I can get in again to iTulip server, I can just open a new post, do an alt-V to paste it and hit Post button and hope it works this time. Repeat as often as necessary!

phirang
04-02-08, 05:55 PM
I am willing to pay more to have better servers.