• Show
Clear All

• Politics of Hypocrisy

Speaks for itself.

Ed.

Re: Politics of Hypocrisy

Originally posted by Fred View Post
    Speaks for itself.

that's not a parody. that's for real. so is this from Homes & Gardens. i'm still looking for the "look at all the cool buildings" press re china in some architecture magazine, but i guess they learned their lesson...

http://wow.blogs.com/photos/hitler

Comment

Originally posted by metalman View Post
      that's not a parody. that's for real. so is this from Homes & Gardens. i'm still looking for the "look at all the cool buildings" press re china in some architecture magazine, but i guess they learned their lesson...

http://wow.blogs.com/photos/hitler
      Oil is used for many things other than electricity, while nuclear power is used only for electricity. Why the Shah of Iran wouldn't perfer foreign reserves for oil like d0llars as opposed to no foreign reserves and use his oil for domestic electricity is beyond me. Iran is a growing country in terms of population so obviously their electricity needs today are growing. Why would Iran want to produce electricity with oil when they can produce cleaner electricity with nuclear power and abtain sizeable foreign reserves at the same time? The Shah was in power when oil prices increase by 400%, let me repeat, oil prices increased by 400% when the Shah was in power. Even the Shah who was a complete moron was able to see producing electricity with nuclear power was a better deal than burning his own oil that was growing at 400% in value. This is monetary policy having nothing to do with the availability of crude which today just like in 1973 is in abundant supply.
      "Men, it has been well said, think in herds; it will be seen that they go mad in herds, while they only recover their senses slowly, and one by one."
      - Charles Mackay

Comment

Originally posted by Tet View Post
        Oil is used for many things other than electricity, while nuclear power is used only for electricity. Why the Shah of Iran wouldn't perfer foreign reserves for oil like d0llars as opposed to no foreign reserves and use his oil for domestic electricity is beyond me. Iran is a growing country in terms of population so obviously their electricity needs today are growing. Why would Iran want to produce electricity with oil when they can produce cleaner electricity with nuclear power and abtain sizeable foreign reserves at the same time? The Shah was in power when oil prices increase by 400%, let me repeat, oil prices increased by 400% when the Shah was in power. Even the Shah who was a complete moron was able to see producing electricity with nuclear power was a better deal than burning his own oil that was growing at 400% in value. This is monetary policy having nothing to do with the availability of crude which today just like in 1973 is in abundant supply.
        fair enough. this ad must have appeared 1975 - 1978. i like the claim "he knows the oil is running out and time with it." course, this is an ad by the US nuke industry which didn't even have a valid claim at the time with respect to the usa oil supply... which was in fact running out. nukes replace coal not oil.

Comment

Working...
        X