A feet-on-the-ground blog of SoCal real estate

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• A feet-on-the-ground blog of SoCal real estate

I just wanted to provide this link to a blog (that has lots of on-site video reports) that provides the view of a realtor who specializes in repos, distressed sales, etc. He's smart, funny, informative, and no BS IMHO and imparts a sense of reality to what the media provides only sketches of. And you may see things there first happening "live" that only turn up later as statistics, such as bounces off the bottom, increases in flipping activity, etc.

You will also be able to note what is happening in desirable luxury markets versus worker markets, and everything in between.

He's in the San Diego region, which is represenative of the hardest hit regions in some ways, but has it's unique qualities as well.

I hope others find it as interesting as I do.

BTW, apparently they eventually did a profile on him on Nightline (or one of those news magazine shows anyway)

http://www.bubbleinfo.com/

Re: A feet-on-the-ground blog of SoCal real estate

Yes, been following Jim the Realtor's videos for some time via CR. Seems like a straight shooter.

Comment

Re: A feet-on-the-ground blog of SoCal real estate

Originally posted by pianodoctor View Post
      I just wanted to provide this link to a blog (that has lots of on-site video reports) that provides the view of a realtor who specializes in repos, distressed sales, etc. He's smart, funny, informative, and no BS IMHO and imparts a sense of reality to what the media provides only sketches of. And you may see things there first happening "live" that only turn up later as statistics, such as bounces off the bottom, increases in flipping activity, etc.

You will also be able to note what is happening in desirable luxury markets versus worker markets, and everything in between.

He's in the San Diego region, which is represenative of the hardest hit regions in some ways, but has it's unique qualities as well.

I hope others find it as interesting as I do.

BTW, apparently they eventually did a profile on him on Nightline (or one of those news magazine shows anyway)

http://www.bubbleinfo.com/
      Interesting ... I agree that he seems direct and straight forward ... I don't think anyone truly knows what is going to happen 1, 2, 3, or 5 years out at the moment or can even predict. He mentions that he talks to his clients on what they should expect the markets to do over the next 3 to 5 years ... (ouch!). Advice leads to lawsuits and an unfavorable relationship with the DRE (California Department of Real Estate). I know this as fact since I am currently studying for my Broker's license, and am now very familiar with the most current standards of business conduct expected by the DRE.
      As long as there are major market influencers such as the banksters and politicians with their own agendas and the deep pockets to make the markets at least temporarily do what they want, logical well researched, sane approaches to the R/E market are virtually meaningless (witness the forum here on what is happening in China's R/E market) ... This is very similar to the unregulated influence the wall street insiders, banksters and hedge fund managers had on investments over the last 10+ years, where even the best investment strategies got slaughtered by undue influence by the insider-gunslingers.

Comment

Working...
      X