Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Town halls turning ugly

http://news.yahoo.com/s/politico/200...politico/25646

Screaming constituents, protesters dragged out by the cops, congressmen fearful for their safety — welcome to the new town-hall-style meeting, the once-staid forum that is rapidly turning into a house of horrors for members of Congress.
    Last edited by flintlock; July 31, 2009, 09:39 AM.

Re: Town halls turning ugly

The link appears to be broken - or the file was pulled.

Comment

the link is a bit broken

In Bishop’s case, his decision came on the heels of a June 22 event he held in Setauket, N.Y., in which protesters dominated the meeting by shouting criticisms at the congressman for his positions on energy policy, health care and the bailout of the auto industry
      http://news.yahoo.com/s/politico/200...politico/25646

his position sounds reasonable, not like this one

“Twenty-five percent of my people believe the Pentagon and Rumsfeld were responsible for taking the twin towers down,” said Rep. Collin Peterson, a Democrat who represents a conservative Republican district in Minnesota. “That’s why I don’t do town meetings.”

http://rawstory.com/blog/2009/07/did-blue-dog-bash/
      Last edited by D-Mack; July 31, 2009, 09:34 AM.

Comment

Just in time for their Summer Recess, guess they will all be hiding out if they don't have security.

Don't taze me bro!

Comment

Too much democracy...not good ;)

Comment

I think I fixed it.

Comment

...this is how some people lobby. sorry if it makes you uncomfortable but these are REAL lives we are talking about ruining. I'm just glad there is still momentum and anger maybe it will carry into election time.

Comment

Originally posted by sn1p3r View Post
                ...this is how some people lobby. sorry if it makes you uncomfortable but these are REAL lives we are talking about ruining. I'm just glad there is still momentum and anger maybe it will carry into election time.
                Who you talking to? I love it personally.

Comment

Originally posted by flintlock View Post
                  Who you talking to? I love it personally.
                  Couldn't agree more, put the fear of God into them, let'em know the natives are restless ... and watching.

Direct relationship between economic prosperity and complacency. And the people ain't prospering.

Comment

usually i'm just talking to myself out loud :confused:

Comment

"I apologize that the majority of the people who care enough to attend your town hall meeting are doing so because they hate you or hate your positions on important issues that affect their lives. I wish this were a simpler time when you didn't have to answer to the berating inquiries of feeble-minded mobs who simply can't understand that their sacrifice is for the greater good. It is, after all, plainly for the greater good; you are greater than them, and it is good for you, hence the greater good. Please continue heroically ignoring their calls for your head as you take from them the things they so selfishly lay claim to, like this antiquated notion of "liberty" and redistribute these things in the Just and Lordly way you see fit."

Comment

look out, the old people are pissed too!

http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...n184320D61.DTL

Comment

Comment

From the video that Metalman posted, we find that the organizers of the protest at Rep. Bishop's town-hall meeting was an outfit called the Conservative Society for Action.

On this outfit's website, 100% of the blame for the 2008 Debt Deflation Depression is laid at the feet Barney Frank, Nancy Pelosi and the Community Reinvestment Act.

What % of the protesters at Rep. Bishop's meeting think that is God's honest truth?

I'm in that economic conservative camp that feels we where abandoned by nearly every Republican leader and voter after 9/11. We're wary of these people because they said nothing, ney, they disagreed with us when we complained about rapidly rising deficits during the credit bubble boom years. Deficits don't matter we were told by them, because that's what they were told by Dick Cheney.

The history of all this has been rewritten in a matter of months. Back in the old days - 2008 - the only people talking about deficits were fringe nuts on economic websites such as this one and the Ron Paul fansites. Nothing was said by the other GOP candidates about it until after they lost the election. Same goes for all of the supporters of the party that I talk to on a regular basis. It was pretty funny listening to the talking points about deficits and bailout packages change and emerge almost instantly in mid-November.

So there is no doubt that all of this stuff is going to carry over into 2010 and 2012. The big question is, do all of these people let the Republicans slide again once they're back at the seat of the controls?
                            Last edited by Slimprofits; August 04, 2009, 03:43 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by seanm123 View Post
                              Just in time for their Summer Recess, guess they will all be hiding out if they don't have security.

Don't taze me bro!
                              why do only children and CONgress get recess?

oh yeah, i fergit -- one in the same...

Comment

Working...
                              X