Ron Insana: A top of the line shill

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ron Insana: A top of the line shill

On CNBC this afternoon, there was a discussion about this report in the USA Today:

For the past year, banks have raised credit card rates to levels that sparked consumer outcry, regulatory scrutiny and congressional action...But even as outrage was building over credit cards, banks seized upon another way to squeeze profits out of struggling consumers: higher checking account fees.
    http://www.usatoday.com/money/indust...es-banks_N.htm

Not only that but we know credit card companies and banks have been cutting credit lines. All of this has been going on for months since last fall post-Lehman.

What did Ron Insana tell the viewers? That the changes have been made (presumably only in the last week) as a response to the so-called "credit card bill of rights."

Ron's shit eating grin is going up on the dartboard in my local dive tonight!

Re: Ron Insana: A top of the line shill

Fortunately, I have access to Bloomberg TV. Still get all the data along with somewhat more serious insight (note, I said somewhat)

And best of all, no entertainers trying to pass themselves off as serious journalists.

Along the same lines, kudos to my fellow iTulipers for your insights over the years. Amazing how much untapped talent is out there.
    Greg

Comment

Originally posted by BiscayneSunrise View Post
      Along the same lines, kudos to my fellow iTulipers for your insights over the years. Amazing how much untapped talent is out there.
      The financial fiesta was only able to reach epic bubble proportions because that talent is quiet and on the sidelines. Kazoo vs. bullhorn. No one making millions or billions (trillions?!) wanted the party to end and none of those people want to hear about collapse or for those they make money off of to think that way either.

Comment

Bloomberg TV is way more serious. It's the ESPN news of business news networks. Even Fox Business is more serious than CNBC.

I watch, well mostly listen to CNBC, Fox News, MSNBC and CNN in order to keep up with the talking points and the theater.

Comment

Originally posted by babbittd View Post
          I watch, well mostly listen to CNBC, Fox News, MSNBC and CNN in order to keep up with the talking points and the theater.

Me too. You have to know what the MSM is saying. It is entertaining as well. I see Jeff Mackey is nowhere to be found.

Comment

From the department of "It must be nice..."

It must be nice to live in Manhattan, take the subway to work at the CNBC offices and go on the air to talk about "deflation in gas prices" and the affect that is having on various stocks.

Meanwhile, back here on Planet Earth:

The national average has RISEN from $1.60 on December 1st 2008 to $2.60 on June 1st 2009.

Comment

Originally posted by babbittd View Post
              Bloomberg TV is way more serious. It's the ESPN news of business news networks. Even Fox Business is more serious than CNBC.

Stop watching these shows, they'll melt your brain. Let me summarize what you'll hear all day:

"But don't you think the economy is getting better?"

Comment

also "BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY BUY"

Comment

Working...
                X