Premium Certificates of Deposit - 6% 1Year CD

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Premium Certificates of Deposit - 6% 1Year CD

6.00% on a 1 Year CD min. $100,000 looks like a reasonable deal.

http://www.mlnbank.com/prem_cds.html

Any thoughts on this?

http://www.investmentinternational.c...nnium_Bank.htm

Offshore bank, fun fun.

I like that quote: "Free from the limits of FDIC" That's a good spin

I might put 5% of my portfolio into these types of funds as a group... I lump them pretty much in the same group as a high grade junk bond.

Comment

PRIVATE OFFSHORE WITH DONATIONS (BRIBES?)

Who We Are

Millennium Bank is a subsidiary of United Trust of Switzerland, SA, a Swiss-registered private trust company that has been in business for over seven decades. United Trust of Switzerland’s extensive experience in financial services provides Millennium Bank with a solid foundation and access to correspondent banking relationships. These correspondent relationships allow Millennium Bank’s customers to expeditiously conduct their cross-border, multi-currency transactions. Swiss dedication to excellence, customer service, and respect for privacy also comprise the ideals of United Trust of Switzerland, SA.

St. Vincent and the Grenadines

St. Vincent and the Grenadines’ history as a quiet, private offshore financial center dates back to 1976, when the first laws were passed to allow the formation of international companies, insurance companies, trusts and banks. The offshore financial services industry was redefined in 1996 when a new package of offshore finance legislation was introduced and the supervisory body.

Serving the Community

Millennium Bank takes great pride in improving the quality of life of the community in which our employees live and work. From educational to social services and even entertainment, Millennium Bank’s charitable efforts have helped in the growth and development of the community. We strive on the belief that as we grow, so too should the community in which we are involved.

Some of our charitable donations include:
      * Computers for the St. Vincent and the Grenadines Police Force
      * Computers for the St. Vincent and the Grenadines School Program
      * Sponsorship of the Kingstown Government School
      * Scholarships to five students of St. Vincent and the Grenadines
      * Sponsorship of television coverage for the Rotary Club’s Spelling B School competition
      * Sponsorship of the Carnival Development Committee, 2001 and 2002

Other Donations were made to:
      * Catholic Diocese
      * Rotary Club of St. Vincent
      * Salvation Army
      * SVG Game Fishing Association
      * Yuletide

Comment

So this high risk bank is only offering less than a point over a Bank of America for the same CD. Who is too cheap, they or BoA?

Comment

Aren't 1 year treasury bonds paying 4.82%?

http://www.treas.gov/offices/domesti...te/yield.shtml

Comment

Mind you .. I have no idea how liquid BoA bonds are, so I probably shouldn't speak.

Comment

I mean to say BoA CDs there. Lesser liquidity and risk (though I can't imagine what risk there is) on those would demand a higher yield then treasury bonds.

What are your thoughts, EJ? Or was this a test?

Comment

I mean to say BoA CDs there. Lesser liquidity and risk (though I can't imagine what risk there is) on those would demand a higher yield then treasury bonds.

What are your thoughts, EJ? Or was this a test?
                All shall be revealed in time. Have you noticed the second forum?

Comment

Heheh, ok This is your ireland, as they say.

BTW, you should go check out the http://valueinvestorsclub.com/value2/index2.asp

Comment

Working...
                  X